First established in 1966, the Hong Kong Sheng Kung Hui Welfare Council Limited cherishes the Christian vision of building a society of justice, peace, love and care, and pursues the service mission of Personalised Service, Holistic Care. The Welfare Council currently employs a staff force of about 2,500 and operates more than 200 service units which form a comprehensive network providing multi-disciplinary services to all age groups, ranging from infants to the elderly. For further information about the Welfare Council, please visit its website at http://www.skhwc.org.hk.
Editor cum Translator
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Industry||Charity / NGO / Non-Profit Org|
Government / Social Service > Community Services / Non-profit Organisations
Legal / Professional Services > Translation
Media / Advertising > Editorial / Journalism
Hong Kong Sheng Kung Hui is now recruiting an editor cum translator to join the editorial team for the English publications and Media and Social Communication.
- To provide editing, translating, interpreting and writing in English-language communication of church news and publications on a monthly and quarterly basis
- To provide translation from Chinese features to English (including notices, announcements and meetings minutes) with precision and accuracy in a timely manner;
- To produce original or translated content for special events, speeches and other annual publications.
- Degree holder in English, Translation or related disciplines
- With experience in editorial work and translation is preferable
- Excellent written and oral skills in English and Chinese are must and good spoken Mandarin is preferable;
- Familiarity with the Christian faith, liturgy and the use of Christian terminology is a definite advantage
- Well versed in computer software of words and graphics
- Able to work independently and deliver on tight deadlines
Work location: Wan Chai
Working hours: normal working hours from 9am - 6pm, Monday through Friday(may require to work at non-office working hours if required.)
Application and Enquiry:Interested parties please apply with full curriculum vitae with Current and Expected Salary and Available Date to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be treated in strict confidence for the recruitment purpose only and will be retained for a maximum period of 6 months.