Founded in 1901 as China Light and Power Company Limited in Hong Kong, CLP Group has grown from a Hong Kong-based power utility into a leading investor and operator in the Asia Pacific Region’s electricity market. Its portfolio comprises over 60 generation assets of gas, coal, nuclear and renewable energy, distribution and transmission assets and retail operations. The CLP Group is owned by CLP Holdings, a company listed on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong.
Engineer II (2-Year Contract) [Ref.: CLPP-PSBG-NR-S&P-EII]
Applications are invited for the above post in the Systems & Process Branch of North Region. Reporting to the Systems & Process Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties related to Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ):-
- Implement the regional SHEQ plan and monitor necessary processes, systems, procedures, codes of practice, guidelines, standards and rules, under the framework of Safety Management System (SMS), including ISO9000, ISO14001, OHSAS 18001, F&IU and CLP internal safety and quality standard
- Develop and maintain necessary SHE systems, rules, standards, procedures and guidelines in full compliance with the Company management framework
- Plan, develop and facilitate programs, projects or campaigns for raising the Region’s SHEQ standards
- Respond to emergency situations for providing on-site specialist advice as well as setting up preliminary investigations for incidents. Analyze incident statistics, provide feedback on trends and formulate mitigation measures
- Conduct investigation on SHE incidents to identify the root causes, and make appropriate improvement recommendations to prevent recurrence
- Perform functional and technical safety audit and quality assurance checks for both internal staff and contractors with reference to legislative requirements as well as pre-determined policies and programmes
- Provide expert SHEQ advice to line management on various operations/ activities in the Department
- Perform standby duty after normal office hours and during adverse weather condition / typhoon period, and carry out emergency repairs / shift duties as and when required
- A recognized university degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience. Preference will be given to those with experience in region’s operations
- Possession of Registered Safety Officer (RSO) is preferable
- Familiar with all SHE related legislations, CLP Power Safety Rules, engineering standards and practices / management systems, occupational health and environment related legislations, codes of practices and standards
- Analytical and able to work under pressure and tight schedule
- Strong sense of responsibility with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Be mindful and has good safety awareness
- Possession of a valid driving license (Class I / II) is an advantage
Candidates with less experience will be considered for the post of Assistant Engineer.
Please apply by sending email to email@example.com giving a detailed C.V. outlining qualifications, education, work experience, safety contributions / achievements and personal attributes on or before 9 December 2016. To facilitate our easy tracking please use a unique file name for all attachments and your email subject box in this format: PSBG_NR_S&P_EII_Last Name_First Name_Other Names
Applicants not invited for interview within 6 weeks from the closing date may assume their applications unsuccessful.
Information provided will be for recruitment purpose within the CLP Group and only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations of HKSAR in handling applications. For details of the Personal Information Collection Statement, please visit our website: http://clp.to/engPICS
For further information on our company, please visit our website: http://www.clpgroup.com/