Reporting to the Senior Communication Engineer, the appointee will perform the following responsibilities:
- To assist in planning, installation, commissioning and maintenance of the in-house communication systems which consist of digital optical fibre / microwave radio links, IP-Based data communication network, mobile radio systems, general electronic systems, IP-Based telephone exchanges and pilot / optical cable network
- To ensure safe and effective operation of the communication systems and prepare the progress report and study for process improvement
- To liaise and coordinate with various government departments and stakeholders to accomplish the company objectives on legal / regulatory compliance, asset management, environmental, quality, health and safety issues
- To manage various communication projects and ensure the projects are executed timely and maintain the communication systems to achieve highest reliability to support power system operations
- To perform system design and calculation, preparation of engineering specification, tender evaluation, job planning and maintenance of all communication equipment to the required standard
- To supervise a team of technical employees and the contractors in daily operations
- To attend emergency duties beyond office hours as required
- Bachelor Degree in Electronics / Communication Engineering or related disciplines
- Qualifications leading to Corporate Member of HKIE or completed a recognized Scheme ‘A’ training in relevant disciplines
- Possession of CCNA certification
- A minimum of 6 years’ relevant work experiencein electronics / telecommunications field, including 3 years in supervisory post
- Proficient knowledge in IP-Based data communication network and preferably with solid experience in Unified Communication System, MPLS technology and/or cyber security
- Adaptive to change, self-initiative and result-oriented
- Good communication and interpersonal skill
- Good command of English and Chinese Languages, both spoken and written
- Possession of a valid class 1 and/or class 2 driving license
Candidates with less relevant work experience / qualification will be considered for the post of Engineer III.
Working Location: Ap Lei Chau
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume with details of qualification, experience, present and expected salaries and contact number to the Human Resources Services Manager, The Hongkong Electric Co., Ltd. at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 9 December 2016 and quote the reference number in your application. Please also visit our website to know more about our company http://www.hkelectric.com.
Important: To facilitate our easy tracking please use a unique file name for all attachments and your email subject box in this format: TND-TS-EII-CS-CP-Last Name First Name Other Names (if applicable)
Applicants not invited for interview within two months from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. All unsuccessful applications will be kept for six months after the date of this advertisement.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be treated in strictest confidence and used only for recruitment-related purposes in accordance with the laws and ordinance of the HKSAR.
|Work exp||6 Years|
|Job function||Engineering (Others)
Engineering (Electrical / Electronic Engineering)
|Employment type||Full Time|