Jones Lang LaSalle (NYSE:JLL) is a financial and professional services firm specializing in real estate. The firm offers integrated services delivered by expert teams worldwide to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying or investing in real estate. With 2013 global revenue of $4 billion, Jones Lang LaSalle serves clients in 70 countries from more than 1,000 locations worldwide, including 200 corporate offices. For further information, please visit our website, www.joneslanglasalle.com.
Jones Lang LaSalle has over 50 years of experience in Asia Pacific, with over 17,500 employees operating in more than 80 offices in 13 countries across the region.
We seek to recruit a diverse workforce, develop and promote exceptional talent from diverse backgrounds, and embrace the varied experiences of all our employees.
Engineering Operations Manager
|Work exp||5 Years To 10 Years|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Industry||Property Management / Consultancy|
Construction / Property > Project Management
Engineering > Engineering Project Management
Management > General Management
Integrated Facilities Management, Engineering and Operations Solutions
Engineering & Operation Solutions
Senior Manager, Engineering & Operation Solutions – North Asia
Director, Integrated Facilities Management – Hong Kong
The role is of major importance to manage our engineering capability in Hong Kong, typically one of the most critical environments in a client’s responsibility. Key focus will be on audit, education, technical support and risk management. This role needs to deal extensively with client delivery teams.
1. Ensure alignment and compliance to established Policies and Standard Operating Procedures for the management of the client’s [HUB] sites.
2. Deliver technical & Risk trainings to account staff
3. Ensure a close connection with site delivery teams and provide technical advice and guidance for service delivery teams across Hong Kong.
4. Manage the technical scope of transitions of new contracts
5. Manage the technical and EH&S risks within Hong Kong
6. Actively pursue the establishment and implementation of best practices from the region within the accounts
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Ensure alignment and compliance to established Policies and Standard Operating Procedures for the management of the all client’s Hong Kong sites.
a. Audit all sites in scope to minimize risk and ensure compliance with statutory regulations, Planned Preventive Maintenance regimes and risk management procedures.
b. Ensure proper change control policies, procedures and documentations are adhered to in the capacity of a Change Controller for Critical systems related works.
c. Ensure Mechanical & Electrical Contractors deliver work practices in line with the manufacturer recommendations.
d. Ensure the implementation and management of Risk and Safety work practices to reduce any interruption to operations
e. Ensure an up-to-date database with national & local code or rules
2. Ensure a close connection with site delivery teams and provide technical advice and guidance for service delivery teams across Hong Kong.
a. Provide technical training to all staff, to keep capabilities of our staff to the required level for their facilities and scope of work
b. Provide technical support to local teams on critical equipment maintenance and incident management. Understands all emergency escalation procedures (and is involved in some) across Hong Kong.
c. Reviewof technical documents, service contracts, change requests and other engineering work documentations to meet client’s requirements.
3. Manage the technical scope of transitions of new contracts
a. Carry out due diligence to all new critical sites.
b. Provide the transition work for critical site including site condition assessment and risk register, and ensures the Site Field Manual (incl SOP/EOP) is in place at go-live.
c. Implement and oversee the preventive maintenance program to reduce the risk of sudden failures of critical equipment.
4. Manage the technical and EH&S risks
a. Ensures implementation of risk management procedures across Hong Kong.
b. Ensures all risks are identified and have a risk management plan in place
5. Actively pursues the establishment and implementation of best practices from the region within the accounts.
6. Actively support’s the creation and realization of revenue generating consulting activities
7. Actively supports Business Development with advice on technical competences of JLL
Key Result Areas
1. Ensure compliance: Audit scores
2. Ensure support: High client satisfaction rating from key client (delivery) stakeholders
3. Ensures transitions: On-time transitions
4. Ensures control: All risks have a management plan
Required Qualifications & Experience
1. Have a high level of service orientation
2. Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
3. Having over 5 years’ experience in handling the provision of Mechanical & Electrical facility operations and construction consultant service.
4. Having over 5 years relevant experience in managing and/or setting up critical environments in data centers.
5. Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
6. Proficient computer skills – including Excel, Word Power Point, Microsoft Projects and AutoCAD.
7. Reading & writing English to be good. Speaking good English is a definite plus