Hang Seng Management College (HSMC), restructured from the former Hang Seng School of Commerce, was established in 2010 as a non-profit-making private university-level institution with five Schools (Business, Communication, Decision Sciences, Humanities & Social Science, and Translation), about 5,000 full-time students and 185 full-time faculty members. Adopting the unique “Liberal + Professional” education model, HSMC is a residential-type College which puts quality teaching and students’ all-round development as its highest priorities. Aspiring to be a leading self-financing university in Hong Kong, HSMC features top-quality faculty members, award-winning green campus facilities, innovative degree programmes, impactful research on corporate sustainability, and excellent student support services, with the aim of nurturing young talents with independent thinking, innovative minds, human caring and social responsibilities.
Supported by a grant from the Research Grants Council (RGC), the Research Institute for Business is established to provide support and to coordinate research efforts in business research so as to advance the understanding of business practices with a focus of local relevance. The Research Institute for Business targets to enhance HSMC’s research capability in business.
The Research Institute will organise a wide range of research activities such as organizing conferences, seminars, workshops, symposiums, conducting surveys and experiments, and publishing research findings on business and relating disciplines.
The College now invites applications for the following position:
Executive Assistant - Research Institute for Business
|Work exp||1 Year To 2 Years|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Benefits||5-day week, Gratuity, Medical plan|
|Industry||Education / Training|
Education / Training > Others
Administration > Clerical / Admin / Operation
Administration > Personal Assistant / Executive Assistant
- provide comprehensive support to the Director and Executive Officer(s) of the Research Institute;
- provide administrative and secretarial support to the daily operation of the Research Institute and/or other affiliated facilities such as the Computer-assisted Telephone Interviewing System (CATI) Laboratory;
- assist in organising a wide range of research activities including but not limited to international conferences, seminars, workshops, symposiums;
- provide support to the launch and publication of a journal on interdisciplinary business research;
- provide secretarial support to various committees and working groups; and
- perform any other job related duties as requested by the Director.
- possess a recognized degree, preferably in Business Administration, Communication or related discipline with 1-year relevant working experience;
- have good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese;
- be pleasant and have good interpersonal and organisational skills;
- be a good team player and able to work independently with strong sense of responsibility; and
- be proficient in computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Chinese Word Processing.
The appointee may be required to work outside office hours and/or travelling.