Hang Seng Management College (HSMC), restructured from the former Hang Seng School of Commerce, was established in 2010 as a non-profit-making private university-level institution with five Schools (Business, Communication, Decision Sciences, Humanities & Social Science, and Translation), about 5,000 full-time students and 185 full-time faculty members. Adopting the unique “Liberal + Professional” education model, HSMC is a residential-type College which puts quality teaching and students’ all-round development as its highest priorities. Aspiring to be a leading self-financing university in Hong Kong, HSMC features top-quality faculty members, award-winning green campus facilities, innovative degree programmes, impactful research on corporate sustainability, and excellent student support services, with the aim of nurturing young talents with independent thinking, innovative minds, human caring and social responsibilities.
The College now invites applications for the following position:
Executive Officer – School of Humanities and Social Science
- provide executive and administrative support in the programme administration of the Bachelor of Arts in English (Hons) Programme;
- assist the Programme Director to execute the policies and procedures in relation to programme management, compiling information and figures, preparing validation/re-validation documents, staffing plans, financial and human resources budgets;
- lead a small team to provide executive support to the School of Humanities and Social Science and work closely with the academic departments in a wide range of program related matters and day-to-day administration of the School;
- serve as secretary to various committees and working groups of the School; and
- liaise with various internal and external parties and handle enquiries and complaints.
- possess a recognized university degree with at least 3 years’ experience in programme development / management in tertiary institutions, preferably with experience in programme validation;
- have an excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese;
- possess effective administrative abilities and very good interpersonal and organizational skills; and
- have the ability to work independently, efficiently and under tight timelines.