About Us - Malayan Banking Berhad ('Maybank')
Maybank is a leading banking group in South East Asia.
Maybank Group is the leading financial services provider in Malaysia catering to the needs of consumers, investors, entrepreneurs, non-profit organisations and corporations. The Group, which has expanded internationally, has the largest network among Malaysian banks of over 1,750 branches and offices in 17 countries, employing over 42,000 Maybankers and serving over 18 million customers. It also has the distinction of holding the largest asset base – of more than USD100 billion; and market capitalisation – of USD18.6 billion; with total equity and total net profit of USD9.1 billion and USD1.2 billion respectively (as of August 2011).(http://www.maybank.com/)
By strengthening our core business and franchise, we gain competitive advantage by achieving synergies across our diverse group. Domestically we aim to achieve leadership across key and profitable segments. Internationally we capture value from new investments and continue to pursue organic expansion by delivering innovation and superior customer value. We are a top recruiter of talent and view our leadership pool and talent pipeline as key to realising our aspirations. We constantly seek to enhance performance management and achieve cost optimisation by focusing on effective IT operations and enhancing employee productivity.
Maybank, the largest banking group in Malaysia now invites interested candidates to join our Hong Kong Branch for the above position.
We are inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of:
Executive, Regulatory Reporting, Accounting & Finance
- a Bachelor degree graduate or above in Accounting, Finance or related disciplines with at least 5 years of experience in regulatory reporting in banking/ financial field
- qualified in CPA or other equivalent qualification (preferable)
- with hands-on experience in preparing HKMA returns and surveys
- strong in problem solving, organizing, and communication skills
- proficient in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- proficient in spoken and written English and Chinese. Mandarin skills will be advantageous
- support and assist the Head of Section to develop effective and efficient regulatory reporting functions
- prepare regulatory and statutory reporting (including regulatory liquidity related reports) accurately and ensure timely submission to local and home supervisory authority
- prepare Financial Disclosure, Census & Statistics, and Surveys
- assist to develop and update the Completion Manual and Guidelines
- participate in system/ platform testing implementation
- support other accounting and finance functions on occasional basis