Reporting to the Senior Manager (Fuel Supplies), the appointee will perform the following responsibilities:
- To establish coal supply and related contracts, procure coal cargoes and other fuel / generation related commodities according to the strategy and plan
- To conduct quality assurance and control for coals supplied to the Company and carry out oversea visits to coal mines, loading ports and laboratories when necessary
- To conduct market research and study for fuels (in particular coals) and regular reporting
- To plan, schedule and monitor timely arrivals of coal shipments
- To work closely with internal and external stakeholders to maintain healthy fuel stock level for power generation
- To support crafting out coal procurement strategy, planning and evaluation of new coal types and other fuel / generation related commodities e.g. limestone powder, urea etc.
- To coordinate in-house parties and fuel suppliers to resolve technical and commercial issues
- To support arrangement of payments for fuel supply and related contracts and necessary statutory declarations and clearance
- To support budget planning and control expenditures
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, preferably in Mechanical Engineering
- Possession of professional qualifications related to power plant operations and / or contract management an advantage
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience
- Familiar with various fuels in particular coals for electricity generation
- Knowledge of power plant operation, shipping processes and terms / logistics
- Sound analytical thinking
- Willing to travel overseas to carry out tasks assigned e.g. coals and loading ports inspections
- Proficiency in MS office, Excel and Access
- Good command of English and Chinese languages, both spoken and written
Working Location : Admiralty
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume with details of qualification, experience, present and expected salaries, and contact number to the Human Resources Services Manager, The Hongkong Electric Co., Ltd. at email@example.com on or before 26 October 2016 and quote the reference number in your application. Please also visit our website to know more about our Company http://www.hkelectric.com.
Important: To facilitate our easy tracking, please use a unique file name for all attachments and your email subject box in this format: GCD-CS-FCEII-CP-Last Name First Name Other Names (if applicable)
Applicants not invited for interview within one month from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. All unsuccessful applications will be kept for six months after the date of this advertisement.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be treated in strictest confidence and used only for recruitment-related purposes in accordance with the laws and ordinance of the HKSAR.
|Work exp||5 Years|
|Job function||Engineering (Mechanical Engineering)