China Development Bank Corporation (CDB), a wholly state-owned bank, is founded in 1994. As the main leader of China's medium to long-term investment and financing initiatives, CDB is dedicated not only to the development of the State's key projects and construction in the infrastructure sector, basic industries, pillar industries and high-technology industry; but also to the improvement of the living standards of the people. As one of the largest banks of foreign currency lending in China, CDB is accelerating its international operations in conjunction with the implementation of the State's strategy and policy to encourage Chinese companies going abroad.
Established in July, 2009, the HK Branch functions as a significant window for CDB's international development; a solid base for CDB's business expansion into other areas outside China. As a full-licensed bank of a various business types and service functions, CDB HK Branch provides all-round and multi-level services for clients.
General Manager, Operations
Department: Operations Department
- Provide professional inputs to the management on issues pertinent to wholesale banking business.
- Leads the annual planning for the department, oversees the execution of the plans and ensures department goals are achieved.
- Develops procedures and administrative policies for the settlement operations in accordance with the annual business objectives of the branch.
- Authorizes various settlement activities, formulates and updates clearance operating procedures to ensure the operation is efficient and in compliance.
- In liaison with IT, develops, implements and maintains special IT tools and systems for operations needs.
- Reviews and approves loan payment and other expenditures, strictly following the anti-laundry requirements.
- Establishes and maintains relationship with correspondent banks, opens inter-bank clearing accounts and verifies operating procedures concerned.
- Manages and develops employees in the department.
- Advises top management on settlement related issues
- University degree or above in Finance, Accounting and related disciplines.
- Minimum 10 years experience in banking experience, especially in clearing and settlement operations
- Broad exposure to automated environment and familiarity with risk control and operational processing procedures
- Strong sense of responsibility and managerial skills
- Knowledge of Hong Kong and Mainland financing market & regulatory requirements
- Good communication skills in English, Chinese and Putonghua