Founded in 2002 with offices in Hong Kong, Singapore, Beijing and Shanghai, ALS International is a leading executive search firm specialising in the Financial Services, Legal, and Commerce sectors. Our consultants are industry experts and experienced recruitment professionals with strong global networks and extensive knowledge of the local market. We are dedicated to helping candidates to take their career forward.
For further information, please visit our website at www.alsrecruit.com.
Global Communications and Community Manager
|Industry||Retail - Others|
Media / Advertising > Editorial / Journalism
Sales / Business Development / Customer Service > Business Development
Marketing / Public Relations > Marketing - Communications
- Start-up company
- Global exposure
- International work environment
Our client is a start-up retail company with business in 33 countries worldwide. Their product range includes adventure backpacks, leisure bags, urban bags, woman’s bags, camera bags as well as luggage and travel accessories. This role is directly reported to the Head of Marketing andbased in Hong Kong. You are responsible for developing, creating and managing the brand across all channels.
- Manage incoming media requests and building relationships with industry journalists; creating, executing and measuring media campaigns.
- Connect with influential media outlets and journalists to place stories about brand news and other initiatives.
- Create PR content (press releases, & corporate announcements) regularly to grow our footprint.
- Collaborate to craft and pitch press releases and thought leadership pieces.
- Establish a sustainable, strategic approach to PR based on adding value to media outlets and event managers.
- Create marketing communications plans to provide direction for our agencies
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels and for each buyer persona
- Proactively interact with online communities across all platforms.
- Build and manage a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our owned properties.
- Use social media monitoring tools to monitor conversations and reports on metrics.
- Write blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels and manages day-to-day editorial content.
- Provide feedback to other contributors, and edit other writers’ content.
- Consolidate existing brand content, automation of creative workflows, collaborate between internal teams and across external partners and identify new content opportunities and ways to repurpose existing content across channels.
- Map out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives.
- Integrate appropriate content activities within traditional marketing campaigns.
- Leverage market data to develop content themes/topics
- Conduct periodic competitive audits.
- Ensure consistent global experience and implements appropriate localization/translation strategies
- Degree or above in PR, communications, journalism or related field with at least 8 years PR experience.
- Marketing experience.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use data to inform all decisions.
- Experience handling marketing budgets and forecasting/reporting results.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiating and organizational skills, proven marketing and sales skills, exceptional oral and written communication skills, ability to deal effectively with people and communicate clearly in non-technical language.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomously and under tight timeframes.