Founded in 2002 with offices in Hong Kong, Singapore, Beijing and Shanghai, ALS International is a leading executive search firm specialising in the Financial Services, Legal, and Commerce sectors. Our consultants are industry experts and experienced recruitment professionals with strong global networks and extensive knowledge of the local market. We are dedicated to helping candidates to take their career forward.
For further information, please visit our website at www.alsrecruit.com.
Graduate Recruitment & HR Advisor
- International Law Firm
- Hybrid GR/Generalist focus
- Collegiate and supportive culture
Our client, an International professional services firm with a very strong platform in the region, is looking to hire an experienced Graduate Recruitment and HR Advisory professional to join their team in HK. This is an interesting role that would suit those with graduate/campus recruitment experience and yet are keen to take on more generalist HR responsibilities to complement this experience. The focus of this role will be two-fold:
- To drive and support the recruitment of trainee solicitors. In this role you will be responsible for the entire end to end graduate recruitment cycle, including application screening, candidate ranking, managing assessment days and offer decisions, preparing interviewing materials and organising interviewer panels.
- You will also be required to co-ordinate organisation and attendance at recruitment events (Law Fairs), ensure brand and marketing is current, ensuring graduate recruitment brochures and websites are reviewed, maintained and updated.
- You will work with the Regional Business Managers in each practice to establish the requirements of each practice area and define how best to meet the business needs through trainee allocation. At times, delivering difficult messages to trainees and managing their reaction to these decisions.
HR Advisory – Business Services
- Aside from the focus on graduate recruitment you will also work closely with the HR Manager based in Hong Kong providing generalist support to their corporate support departments – this would be an opportunity for someone to further develop their broader HR skills across C&B, performance management, recruitment, L&D as well as employee relations.
Desired Skills and Experience
To be considered for this role you should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Sound knowledge of Graduate programmes having performed a similar Graduate Development role in a large commercial environment (minimum 3 years of experience), ideally Professional Services.
- High attention to detail, and excellent organisational skills. You will have the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Great communication skills and a friendly and outgoing manner
- Chinese language NOT essential
- Some HR Generalist experience would be advantageous