The Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) is an independent statutory body that regulates the activities of securities dealers, issuers and market operators such as the Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd. As well as promoting the fairness, efficiency and competitiveness of the securities industry, we provide protection to public investors, minimize crime and reduce industry risks. We have been consistently rated the best securities regulator in Asia. To build our young talent pipeline, we now offer a Graduate Trainee Programme to high potential university graduates to join us and embark on a challenging and long term career with the SFC.
Graduate Trainee Programme 2017
Our Graduate Trainee Programme is a custom-designed three-year talent development programme* which consists of:
- Experience Based Learning to expose Graduate Trainees to broad-based work experience in various regulatory functions.
- Education Based Learning to assist Graduate Trainees to acquire technical, management and relationship skills through a comprehensive and structured training curriculum.
- Relationship Based Learning with coaching, multi-source feedback as well as networking.
We are now inviting applications from final year undergraduate students who possess the following academic background and qualities:
- University degree, preferably majoring in Law, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or Information Systems.
- Good academic results with predicted upper second-class honours or above.
- Possess public service orientation with a strong sense of responsibility and integrity.
- A good team player with leadership potential and effective organization skills.
- Receptive to change and adaptable.
- Preferably with internship experience and with demonstrated achievements in extra-curricular activities.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese, including Putonghua.
1. All applicants must complete an "Application Form for the Position of Graduate Trainee Programme 2017" via https://www.sfc.hk/eRecruitment/jsp/ApplyVT.jsp on or before 4 December 2016.
2. Submit the completed Form on-line in accordance with the given instructions.
3. Applicants not being invited for an interview by 30 April 2017 may consider their applications unsuccessful.
4. All applications will be handled in strict confidence by authorised personnel and will only be used for recruitment-related purposes. All information relating to unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed within six months.
*Note: The three-year programme offers merit-based progression, subject to the availability of appropriate headcount within the Commission.