Founded in 2002 with offices in Hong Kong, Singapore, Beijing and Shanghai, ALS International is a leading executive search firm specialising in the Financial Services, Legal, and Commerce sectors. Our consultants are industry experts and experienced recruitment professionals with strong global networks and extensive knowledge of the local market. We are dedicated to helping candidates to take their career forward.
For further information, please visit our website at www.alsrecruit.com.
Head of E-Commerce
|Work exp||6 Years To 8 Years|
|Industry||Retail - Others|
Management > Top Executives (CEO, CFO, CTO, Director, MD)
Sales / Business Development / Customer Service > Account Servicing
Others > Others
Our client is a pioneering brand in the baggage and clothes. With a rapidly growing E-Commerce multi-region presence, they are looking for a highly motivated self-starter to manage and redefine our E-Commerce department. You will be a member of the international team and be expected to be hand-on from day one, to lead a cross functional team in multiple regions and drive online sales to achieve business objectives. As a member of our international team you’ll be Early on, you will spend some time embedded in the USA to learn and assess the capabilities relative to deliverables, aligned to the businesses top line strategy.
Leading the E-Commerce department
- Double our e-commerce business in the next 12 months, quadruple in two years.
- Lead and develop our existing cross-functional E-Commerce department and develop it into a dedicated team with direct reports.
- Manage budget and P&L for the department
- Day to Day monitoring of the overall operation of the e-commerce unit
- You will provide insights into streamlining the operational aspects of the business and implement improvements
- Analyse data for KPI / objective setting to grow revenue
- Provide thought-leadership and strategic direction as part of a highly dynamic international team.
Management of the website
- Responsible for planning and managing the deployment of the e-commerce seasonal go to market strategy and execution.
- Responsible for planning and execution of the future deployment of multi-regional e-commerce sites prioritized via alignment with the top line 3-year strategic plan.
- Oversee the on-going development and feature enhancement of the e-platform
- Work with legal department to ensure appropriate risk visibility and risk management is in place
- Work closely with the Marketing Team to generate and implement new revenue generating initiatives leveraging web analytics and consumer/shopper insights related to E-Commerce and ensure accurate measurement of ROI
- Work closely with Sales and Operations to manage discontinued sales initiatives
- Work closely with Operations to manage back end systems and process in the effective delivery and management of the end to end delivery of product to the consumer.
- Work closely with all regional business heads for the servicing of E-commerce to the respective regional businesses to best service individual business models.
Manage vendors/service providers
- Manage vendor relationships. This includes new developments, ongoing site operations, issue resolution and regular upgrades
- Drive the negotiation of the Change Requests (CR) and contract with third party vendors
- Source and assess new vendors as need arises
- Other projects as requested
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Adheres to Outpac Designs Strategic Goals and Corporate Values
- 5 year proven leadership of multi-regional retail E-Commerce channel for consumer product brands
- Extensive up to date knowledge of E-Commerce and related technology
- Strong understanding and practical experience in web analytics
- North American market experience is a benefit
- Must be hands-on with proven track record in building and turning over e-commerce business
- Excellent project and people management skills
- Excellent spoken and written English, Chinese a plus
- 2 (+) years’ experience on either Magento or Demandwear platforms is highly favored.
- Motivated self-starter with initiative
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed