Since 1982, QP Group is a turnkey service provider on paper-based items. Among our customers are world leading brands in toys, education and beauty sectors. In recent years, the Group has extended its business portfolio to laboratory services, web sales & customized gifts etc.
Laboratory Services – DPI, as an ANBA, CMA, CPSC, DAkkS & ISTA accredited 3rd party laboratory, we offer dependable, professional and agile testing and calibration service to customers, ensuring their products conform to relevant legal and industry safety requirements, as well as end-consumers’ expectation. Our testing reports have widespread recognition in the EU, America and Asia.
For more about us, please visit www.dpi-labs.com
Head of Laboratory / General Manager
|Work exp||10 Years To 15 Years or above|
|Skill||Organisational development management, Multi-unit management, Senior Management|
|Language||Chinese - Cantonese, Chinese - Mandarin, English|
|Benefits||13-month pay, 5-day week, Discretionary bonus, Education subsidies, Medical plan|
|Industry||Biotechnology / Chemicals / Laboratory|
Science / Lab / Research > Laboratory
Manufacturing > Printing
Others > Others
We are now looking for vibrant and energetic people to stretch their professionalism, business acumen and passion in the laboratory industry. You shall explore and work cross-functionally with our dynamic and professional Business Teams to drive business results.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for overall Operation, HR & Administration, Sales & Marketing, Test Method Research and Development, and Quality Assurance of the laboratory;
- Develop Sales plan and Budget plans, accountable for the P&L of the laboratory business;
- Develop adn implement strategies, policies, procedures and best practices to optimize the performance of the laboratory;
- Auditing and developing testing systems to ensure the facility is as technologically as advanced as financially possible;
- Ensure the operational integrity of laboraory services and regulatory compliance;
- Ensure the laboratory is operated in accordance with the requirements of ISO17025, GLP and/or other required standards;
- Ensure the professional and safe working environment, system, and procedure to maintain the productive, efficiency and effective operation;
- Ensure internal and external parties acquire most update information of regulations, standards and requirements;
- Provdie technical and professional advices to internal technical teams adn external parties;
- Working closely with Management, Technical, and Sales & Marketing personnel to develop business strategies for sustainable development and drive for business growth;
- Liaise with audit bodies, responsible for all accreditation process and result of the laboratory;
- Responsible for hiring, traininig & development, and retaining of talents;
- Develop networks with customers, research institutions, laboratories, academic and technical bodies;
- Conduct trainings and seminars for other group companies;
- Other duties assigned by management.
What you need for this position:
- University graduate, master degree holder preferable in analytical chemistry or related discipline;
- 10 years working in sizable commercial 3rd party laboratory, with minumum of 5 yeasrs in laboratory management and managerial position;
- Knowledge in operating the analytical instruments, including but not limited to GC-MS, ICP-OES, ICP-MS, UV and FTIR;
- Specialist experience in toy and packaging testing;
- Technical project leadership experience;
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer needs and market trend, develop strategy and make decisions;
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese, Mandarin is essential;
- Good communication, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Stationed in Dongguan.