About Bank Street and Sloane Manhattan Manpower International
Sloane Manhattan® Manpower International is a leading International Manpower and Education Group offering Total Manpower Solutions and International Educational Solutions. Our clients include Top Fortune 500 and Top China 500 with broad-based multinational firms and Chinese conglomerates. Bank Street® is a financial and consumer recruitment brand operated by Sloane Manhattan.
Bank Street by Sloane Manhattan provides recruitment services for clients in banking, finance, securities, funds, consumers, property and general industries. Besides, the Group provides services cover: financial executive recruitment, general industries executive search, HR consultancy, payroll outsourcing, BPO, educational management, educational career management, international education and Birkman Personality Assessment. For details, please refer to www.sloaneasia.com and www.bankstreet-hk.com.
Head of Legal and Compliance, Commercial Bank, 1295 (HK$1.5 Mil – HK$2 Mil p.a.)
|Work exp||Minimum 10 Years|
|Language||Chinese - Mandarin, English, Chinese - Cantonese|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Industry||HR / Recruitment Services|
Banking / Finance > Corporate Banking
Banking / Finance > Legal / Compliance
Legal / Professional Services > Legal & Compliance
|Salary (HKD)||$100,000 - $150,000|
Hong Kong Based * Permanent * Sizeable Banking Corporation
About Our Client
Our client is one of the leading Commercial Banking Corporation with strong presence in Hong Kong and China.
- Act as the Head of the Legal and Compliance Department for Hong Kong Branch Office
- Provide independent legal and compliance advisory service to the commercial banking business in Hong Kong
- Provide support and training on AML/CFT to management and all level of staff
- Provide advices on legal matters, liaise with and serve as the point of contact between the Bank and external solicitors
- Keep update on the applicable regulatory developments impacting the Bank's businesses and provide advices on these regulatory developments
- Involve in the design, management and implementation of the legal, compliance and AML/CFT framework of the branch office
- Act as the contact point with the regulatory authorities, and other Key Persons, i.e. CO and MLRO of the branch office
- Coordinate with the legal & compliance function in the Head Office in relation to group level project, policies and procedures
- University degree in Law with relevant professional qualifications
- Minimum 10 years PQE with legal and compliance experience, preferably in-house counsel commercial banks
- Sound Knowledge in Experience in regulatory requirements, i.e. HKMA & SFC and AML/CFT matters
- Strong organizational skills and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications, fluency in Mandarin is an advantage
What’s On Offer
Excellent and competitive package.