Christchurch, New Zealand
- Independent School
- Vision & Leadership
- Christchurch, New Zealand based
Located in Christchurch, St Andrew's College is an independent, co-educational school offering top quality education, cultural, arts and sporting activities to 1430 day and boarding students from pre-school to Year 13. Celebrating its Centenary in 2017, St Andrew's has a proud Presbyterian heritage and long tradition of academic, sporting, cultural and leadership excellence. While tradition and history are fundamental to the spirit of St Andrew's, the school has its sights firmly fixed on the future. With substantial investment in teachers, teaching and learning spaces, information technology and its co-curricular programme, St Andrew's continues to innovate and offer a world-class student-centred learning experience.
Head of Secondary School
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Industry||Education / Training|
Management > General Management
Education / Training > Management - Schools / University / Vocational
Education / Training > Teacher - Primary / Secondary
Due to retirement St Andrew’s is seeking a new Head of Secondary School. Reporting directly to the Rector and a member of the Executive Team, the Head is accountable for the leadership, development and operational management of the Secondary School and its staff. St Andrew's is a sought after school with a full roll and substantial waiting list. The Head will be expected to build upon this foundation, growing capability, encouraging innovation and seizing opportunities that ensure St Andrew’s continues to excel in its delivery of academic and co-curricular programmes.
Applicants will display the following attributes:
- Strategic and staff leadership experience within a high-performing educational setting.
- Vision, a passion for modern learning, and a reputation for innovative thinking and delivery.
- Excellent communication, influencing and relationship management skills.
- Empowers, engages and inspires others, with the ability to shape a high-performance culture.
- Engenders trust and holds themselves and others accountable.
- Affinity for independent education, and with St Andrew's values and ethos.
This is a significant leadership opportunity within an innovative learning community providing an excellent standard of balanced, independent co-education.
For further information about St Andrew's College please visit www.stac.school.nz