Black Sheep Restaurants is a Hong Kong-based hospitality group that specialises in developing niche, thought-provoking restaurant concepts that add to the existing culinary dialogue.
Whether recreating popular international concepts for the Hong Kong market or developing standalone restaurants, Black Sheep Restaurants curates distinct dining experiences that tell a story about a particular time, place, culture or cuisine while celebrating the bounty of premium ingredients available both locally and from abroad. The group currently boasts a portfolio of 12 restaurants and 1 bar, including Chôm Chôm, Motorino (Soho & Wan Chai), La Vache!, Ho Lee Fook, Carbone, Burger Circus, Stazione Novella, Le Garçon Saigon, BELON, Maison Libanaise, Buenos Aires Polo Club and the newly opened Soul Food.
|Work exp||Minimum 10 Years|
|Education||Diploma / Certificate|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Benefits||Dental plan, Discretionary bonus, Education subsidies, Medical plan, Paternity leave, Special / extra leave|
|Industry||Catering / Food & Beverage|
Catering / Hospitality > Catering Service
Catering / Hospitality > Food & Beverage
Catering / Hospitality > Bartender / Barmaid / Sommelier
The Head Sommelier works throughout all areas wine operations for our boutique restaurant concepts. This person will manage the wine programmes at multiple outlets, and will rotate between restaurants as necessary. Responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to, building wine lists, staff training and cellar management.
- 10+ years of restaurant experience
- 7+ years’ experience as a sommelier, with at least 4 years of experience as a head sommelier
- A Master Sommelier Diploma
- Experience running wine programmes for multiple outlets simultaneously
- Experience building wine lists, training and managing a team
- Experience working the harvest at wineries
- Experience working with top chefs and restaurants in other markets
- An understanding of exceptional guest service, exceeding expectations and the ability to build a rapport with guests
- Clear communications skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- The ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Strong English and French written and oral skills