ARCADIS is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomesthroughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets.
We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate more than €3.4 billion in revenues. Within Asia we can call upon the skills and resource of over 4000 professionals based throughout the region. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
Inc. Langdon & Seah I Hyder Consulting I EC Harris
HR Business Partner
|Work exp||6 Years To 8 Years|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Benefits||5-day week, Insurance plan, Medical plan|
|Industry||Business Services / Consulting Services|
Logistics / Transportation > Public Transportation
Human Resources > Generalist HR
Human Resources > HR Director / Manager
Within the ARCADIS Greater China HR team this role is responsible for Hong Kong, Macau & Taiwan and supports approximately 300 - 400 employees in a specific client group.
This role will lead a small HR team and provide professional HR support in the development and delivery of the people plan, transactional elements of HR and interventions to get the right result for the internal client.
Main Purpose of the Job:
- Working towards integrating companies in Arcadis using HR strategy and framework for all ARCADIS employees in the region along with the Sr. HR Business Partner
- Support the change initiatives from a number of key projects including the Business Blueprint which encompasses but is not limited to compensation and benefits harmonization, HR processes transformation and Oracle implementation.
- Enhancing performance excellence and ensuring all HR operational activities are driving business.
- Responsible for partnering with business leaders in the specific client group as key stakeholders to deliver key business objectives, the People Plan and provide proactive guidance.
- Provide direction on people issues, establishing action plans focusing on vital opportunities to provide HR solutions that add value or mitigate risk.
- Line management responsibility for an HR team of 2-3 to support daily HR operations covering performance management, reward review, payroll and employee life cycle, ensuring that the HR plan is delivered consistently, and in line with best practice/legal requirements.
- Act as focal point of HR to Business leaders in the specific client group and provide strategic and operational people initiatives to positively influence business objectives.
- Develop and ensure the delivery of an efficient and timely HR service to the staff of the specific client group
- Work collaboratively within the Arcadis HR Team on HR projects and change initiatives, not limited to Business Blueprint Project - compensation & benefits harmonization, performance management system, new ARCADIS way of working, HR processes reengineering and transformation, HR policy design and Oracle implementation
- Management of change initiatives, including but not limited to restructures, redundancies, redeployment.
- Work closely with Arcadis HR team to provide support in international mobility and staff relocation including design remuneration packages and provide relocation support
- Provide due diligence and up to date advice on local labour legislation, immigration and working rights within the region
- Work collaboratively within the Arcadis HR Teamon employee benefits program including insurance renewal
- Management and rollout of succession planning and talent development initiatives and processes for the specific client group
- Support the administration of key employee engagement initiates (i.e. annual employee engagement survey).
- Coach, support and build capability in HR team including restructuring, building HR capability and building a team succession plan to support business requirements
- Working closely with Centres of Expertise such as Learning & Development and Recruitment &Resourcing, to provide a wide range of HR Services to stakeholders.
- Additional ad-hoc projects and duties as required.
- Degree in Human Resources or related discipline
- More than 6-8 years’ experience working in a MNC organization, preferably from a diversity culture environment
- Solid generalist HR experience gained in recruitment and HR operation
- Confidence, and stature to effectively address stakeholders at senior levels
- Good attention to detail, good organizational, planning and decision making skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to coach, advise and challenge business leaders and managers
- Self-driven, good attitude, independent, proactive and a good team player
- Ability to multi task and priorities work load
- Cultural awareness and understanding
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English and Chinese
- An ability to demonstrate a commercial and cultural understanding and sensitivities of the business and its operations and translate this into practical processes that the locations can utilise
- Proficient in PC application, Microsoft Excel