Greenpeace exists because this fragile earth deserves a voice. It needs solutions. It needs change. It needs action.
Greenpeace is a non-profit environmental organization with a presence in 40 countries. We expose global environmental problems and force positive changes through research, lobbying and non-violent direct action. We are now calling on brave and inspiring individuals to join us.
HR Specialist (HRIS , Compensations and Analytics)
|Work exp||3 Years To 6 Years|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Benefits||5-day week, Dental plan, Home office, Medical plan|
|Industry||Charity / NGO / Non-Profit Org|
Human Resources > Compensation & Benefits
Human Resources > HR Information System (HRIS)
Human Resources > Others
Overall purpose of the job
HR Specialist (HRIS, Compensations and Analytics) is responsible for:
- developing and implementing the HR Information Systems to streamline the workflow and enhance the efficiency of all spectrum of the HR operation, from recruitment, learning and development, employee profile and self-service, performance management and payroll;
- providing market analysis of salary benchmarking and compensations and benefits package according to agreed principles to ensure internal and external equity;
- analyzing HR data from internal and external sources to provide insights to inform HR strategies and practices.
The geographical scope of the job covers mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and South Korea, where Greenpeace East Asia currently employs more than 300 staff. The job holder is expected to work closely with HR staff in these regions to promote use of HRIS by all staff, provide regular HR data analysis and insights, and carry out market analysis of compensation and benefits on annual or bi-annual basis.
Conceptual tasks, Strategy development and/or Project management
- Develop strategies on compensation and benefits and the use of HRIS to support organizational development and HR objectives.
- Analyse internal and external HR data to generate useful insights for HR strategies and practices.
- Develop and implement projects related to one's own work area as assigned by the manager.
- Keep abreast of external trends on one's own area. Provide proactive strategic advise to management from expertise in the field.
- Implement compensation programs in line with GPEA policies. Coordinate other HR staff in the process when needed.
- Implement HRIS systems and oversee its use by staff in GPEA. Work with external vendors to make adjustment to the system and resolve technical issues when needed.
- Research, analyze and benchmark compensation and benefits package according to agreed principles and to ensure internal and external equity.
- Generate regular analysis on HR data based on available metrics.
- Provide training to familiarize HR staff and management with policies and systems in compensation and benefits and the use of HRIS.
- Provide practical and expert advise to HR staff and management when there are inquiries in one's own work area.
Compliance/Keeping Framework Conditions
- Ensure compensation programs are implemented in line with GPEA policies.
- Ensure HRIS system works effectively with other global or local IT systems.
- Sets and achieves goals
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with others
- Shares knowledge
- Trusts, values, and respects others
- Knowledge and/or experience in HR Development
- Knowledge and/or experience in HR administration and payroll
- Experience with the following software: HRIS
- Ability to evaluate and assess
- Attention to detail
- Builds and manages relationships with other internal departments
- Willing to teach, coach, and share experience in field of expertise
- Identification with Greenpeace goals and supportive of Greenpeace values.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
Specific Work Environment
- Works in a standard office environment, and is required to travel to other Greenpeace offices.