Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest newsgathering operations with nearly 2,000 journalists in more than 75 bureaus globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Human Resources Generalist
We are currently seeking high caliber candidates to apply for the following position, based in Hong Kong.
- Coordinate and oversee targeted recruitment efforts, and assist with the hiring process including background checks and the use of recruitment tools/systems.
- Ensure employment/offer components are in line with local and global policies and legislations.
- Handle the on-boarding process for new hires and provide input to enhance experience of such program from time to time.
- Administer documentation for staffing, international assignments and provide relocation assistance.
- Update and maintain employee information on the HR information system.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of local HR tools and processes, ensuring consistency with market practice and compliance with employment laws.
- Assist HR leaders in coordinating organizational programs, design/implement solutions, performance management and other employee relation issues.
- Assist ad hoc and special projects including but not limited to those related to the development and implementation of global HR policies, tools and practices.
- Provide administrative support as and when required.
- Degree holder in Human Resources or related disciplines with minimum of 3 years’ generalist human resources experience in a multinational environment.
- Good working knowledge on Hong Kong Employment Ordinance and familiarity of employment laws of other Asian countries preferred. Hands-on experience in recruitment and employee relations matters with some counselling skill is desirable.
- Experience with compensation and benefits analysis and strategies, in relation to market practice is a plus.
- Can work independently and manage workload effectively with the ability to multi-task Effective oral and written communication skills with different people at all levels.
- Proficiency in Window Office and HR management system/tools skills such as solid experience with the use of global HRIS softwares (e.g. Workday and iCIMS ATS) preferred.
- Excellent command of English is a must.
If you feel that this exciting and fast paced position matches your skills, experience and motivation, please submit your CV which must state your salary expectations to be considered in English, to:
**Only short listed candidates will be notified**