|Work exp||Minimum 3 Years|
|Language||Chinese - Cantonese, Chinese - Mandarin, English|
|Employment type||Full Time|
Information Technology > System Architect
Information Technology > Engineering - Network
Information Technology > Network / System Admin
We are looking for an Infrastructure Specialist to provide support to the Securities business in all categories of IT.
- At the start of this role, the member will be expected to focus on Infrastructure and desktop support:
- Plan and/or implement infrastructure changes into the current environment.
- Document changes for future references.
- Operational support including monitoring, morning check, backup tape operations.
- Solving ad-hoc queries for users on a desktop level.
- Infrastructure includes server, network, appliances, backup, SAN storage.
- Desktop includes email, laptop, desktops, phones, turrets, Multi-functional printers.
- At the later stage, if the member’s performance and career interest permit, it is within expectation that the member will also expand to taking on some application support. Training will be provided on the job. This is regional.
- Participation in DR and BCP tests.
- Some of our work may require the member to co-operate with the bigger regional team; in most cases this will be Singapore and/or Malaysia.
- It is also within expectation that the member shall be involved in stock taking work and also the procurement processes; this will include dealing with vendors.
- Special working conditions covering shift work and/or weekend work.
- Some daily desktop support work shall be assigned to the individual where applicable.
- Perform Start of Day and End of Day checks.
- Diagnose and resolve desktop issues.
- Fielding calls from phones emails and chat messages.
- Rebuild PC via imaging software.
- Firewall, switch configuration changes.
- Implement changes in our control devices, web filter proxy, IPS, Endpoint controlling software.
- Applying security patches to Wintel and/or Linux servers according to Security reports.
- Working inside the server room and our hosted data-centres.
- Mobile device commissioning and RSA token issuance.
- Creation and Deletion of user accounts from Domain servers and or application servers.
- Ensure our environment is compliant with Policies and Procedures.
- Provide support to users and coordinate with the appropriate internal/external/regional support units to resolve problems.
- Coordinate with internal teams and external vendors to implement agreed solution for the business. This may also be done for regional projects.
- Software installation and productionalization.
- Setup IT equipment for meetings and events; this may have to be done off site.
- Work with vendors for pre- & post-implementation activities.
- Participate in DR and BCP test.
- Minimum 3 years relevant infrastructure experience preferably in financial industry but it is not a must.
- Degree in Computing Science or other relevant disciplines.
- A steer towards networking knowledge is preferable.
- All rounded desktop technology skills in an enterprise Microsoft environment.
- Experience in WAN, LAN technologies, Firewall, Windows Server and Lotus Notes E-Mail system.
- Experience in Trading Technology is desirables.
- Strong customer service focus and the ability to deliver quality support are critical to this role.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Willing to learn, responsible, self-motivated, and capable of being critical at the task at hand and asking questions.
- Occasionally work in irregular hour.
- Good manner & positive working attitude, good communication, documentation, analytical skills and problem solving skills.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin included).
- Must be attentive to detail, and proactive.