Hang Seng Management College (HSMC), restructured from the former Hang Seng School of Commerce, was established in 2010 as a non-profit-making private university-level institution with five Schools (Business, Communication, Decision Sciences, Humanities & Social Science, and Translation), about 5,000 full-time students and 185 full-time faculty members. Adopting the unique “Liberal + Professional” education model, HSMC is a residential-type College which puts quality teaching and students’ all-round development as its highest priorities. Aspiring to be a leading self-financing university in Hong Kong, HSMC features top-quality faculty members, award-winning green campus facilities, innovative degree programmes, impactful research on corporate sustainability, and excellent student support services, with the aim of nurturing young talents with independent thinking, innovative minds, human caring and social responsibilities.
The College now invites applications for the position for the Project “Joint-Institution Network for Student Success” (JINESS) funded by the Quality Enhancement Support Scheme. The JINESS project is jointly established by five self-financed higher education institutions, namely, HSMC (as the Principal Investigator), Caritas Institute of Higher Education, Centennial College, Chu Hai College of Higher Education and Tung Wah College. Itaims to develop a “Joint-Institution Career Portal” for students to identify career opportunities, engage in career development programmes, and interact with students and career masters from all the self-financed higher education institutions.
This Portal will run on the web as well a series of mobile apps, and provide the following innovative functions:
- J-Careers - to allow students to find job opportunities, join career events, and develop their career portfolios.
- J-Recruit - to allow employers to post jobs and identify suitable student applicants.
- J-Learning - to allow students to engage in career-development e-learning programmes.
- J-Circle - to allow students to interact with students and career masters from other institutions.
- to manage the planning, production, and deployment of e-learning materials;
- to provide consulting and editorial support to teachers on the design and development of
- e-learning materials;
- to work with project officers to ensure that all e-learning materials are designed and optimized for student learning objectives and outcomes; and
- to manage the e-learning platforms to support teachers and students.
- possess a recognized degree with at least 3 years of working experience in instruction design, teaching and learning, and production of e-learning materials;
- have experiences in designing good-looking user-interface and course materials;
- have exceptional design, editing, and project management skills to support the development of e-learning courses;
- have good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese; and
- be proficient in the use of technologies to support content editing and productions.
Candidates with less experience will also be considered.