A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages.
Insurance Finance Control Manager (12 months Contract)
Financial Control Division / Insurance Business Finance Department
Hang Seng's Financial Control function works closely with the Bank's stakeholders, including business partners, shareholders, regulators and external examiners. We function as their accountants and business partners in providing comprehensive information on financial management, financial planning, financial reporting and compliance, capital planning and reporting, financial control & SOX control, tax advisory, insurance finance, and treasury and investment finance.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Insurance Finance Control Manager (12 months Contract).
- Assist Senior Insurance Finance Control to supervise and coach Insurance Financial Control Section for daily operation and month end closing for life insurance and retirement benefit business
- Overview payment requisition from business and operation
- Review journals and month end schedule prepared by subordinates or offshore team
- Review operating expenses and provide commentary for business analysis purpose
- Coordinate new product development or system implementation related to Insurance Business Finance and arrange user acceptance testing
- Support ad hoc project and administration task related to Insurance Business Finance
- Degree in Accounting, preferably with an accounting qualification such as HKICPA or ACCA
- More than five years’ experience in accounting, with knowledge of insurance and financial products is an advantage
- Sound knowledge of application software such as Microsoft Excel, Word and Access
- Good communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English and Chinese
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
(Candidates with less experience will be considered for the position of Assistant Insurance Finance Control Manager (12 months Contract).)