Hang Seng Management College (HSMC), restructured from the former Hang Seng School of Commerce, was established in 2010 as a non-profit-making private university-level institution with five Schools (Business, Communication, Decision Sciences, Humanities & Social Science, and Translation), about 5,000 full-time students and 185 full-time faculty members. Adopting the unique “Liberal + Professional” education model, HSMC is a residential-type College which puts quality teaching and students’ all-round development as its highest priorities. Aspiring to be a leading private university in Hong Kong, HSMC features top-quality faculty members, award-winning green campus facilities, innovative degree programmes, impactful research on corporate sustainability, and excellent student support services, with the aim of nurturing young talents with independent thinking, innovative minds, human caring and social responsibilities.
The College now invites applications for the position for the Project “Joint-Institution Network for Student Success” (JINESS) funded by the Quality Enhancement Support Scheme. The JINESS project is jointly established by five self-financed higher education institutions, namely, HSMC (as the Principal Investigator), Caritas Institute of Higher Education, Centennial College, Chu Hai College of Higher Education and Tung Wah College. Itaims to develop a “Joint-Institution Career Portal” for students to identify career opportunities, engage in career development programmes, and interact with students and career masters from all the self-financed higher education institutions.
This Portal will run on the web as well a series of mobile apps, and provide the following innovative functions:
- J-Careers - to allow students to find job opportunities, join career events, and develop their career portfolios.
- J-Recruit - to allow employers to post jobs and identify suitable student applicants.
- J-Learning - to allow students to engage in career-development e-learning programmes.
- J-Circle - to allow students to interact with students and career masters from other institutions.
|Work exp||Minimum 8 Years|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Industry||Education / Training|
Information Technology > Application Development
Information Technology > IT Project Management
Information Technology > Team Leader
The appointee will lead the web and mobile development of the JINESS Portal and implement all the necessary functions and services.
- to provide IT leadership for the implementation and advancement of the JINESS Portal;
- to lead a team of Application Programmers/ Designers/ System Administrators to develop and set up the JINESS Portal; and
- to oversee the provisioning of all portal-related services and applications.
- possess a recognized degree or above in IT, Computer Science or relevant discipline with at least 8 years of related working experience;
- be familiar with the latest web, mobile, search, and analytics technologies, and have experiences in setting up and operating large-scale online portals;
- have good experiences in planning and project management;
- be mature, responsible, self-motivated; and
- have excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills.