We're proud to be one of the world's leading airlines. Our reputation is built on a long track record of success, an ongoing commitment to our home Hong Kong, and on the delivery of customer service that’s straight from the heart. We're able to offer you unique opportunities to let your passion for travel and aviation fly.
IT Graduate Trainee Programme
|Work exp||Minimum 1 Year|
|Language||Chinese - Cantonese, English|
|Location||HK International Airport, Lantau, Tung Chung|
|Industry||Airlines / Mass Transportation|
Travel / Tourism > Airline
Cathay Pacific's story of success has been built on the strength of its dedicated, highly professional team of talented people. Cathay Pacific has always placed great emphasis on the training and personal development of its staff. This programme is designed to provide trainees with a concrete foundation by having rotations through an extensive range of core Information Technology disciplines and Business departments. The programme aims to embrace a structured development framework for the new joiners in developing professional skills and the chance to gain an understanding of our airline business. The selected candidate will have excellent opportunity to create and deliver innovation solutions that bring competitive advantages to the airline.
After successful completion of a 2 year training programme, the IT Graduate Trainee will continue an exciting career pursuing their personal career aspirations in professional specialised streams of Cathay Pacific’s IT department.
Key Trainee Responsibilities:
- Develop an understanding of the Cathay Pacific’s Information Technology organisation; its vision, purpose, structure, strategy, values and drivers
- Build a broad understanding of the core airline systems and applications
- Accomplish all learning objectives and pass the assessment on the learning objectives for each placement rotation
- Acquire profound understanding of specific airline business functions and business processes through rotations in business units
- Undertake assigned tasks as delegated by mentor or leads;
Depending on the team assignment, the selected candidate could work with any of the following:
- Participate in business analysis, system analysis, application design and development for IT projects in area of Service Delivery, Sales & Marketing, Enterprise, Engineering, Flight Operations and Cargo.
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams for software projects that apply Waterfall and Agile project management.
- Apply software development best practices, standards, frameworks, governances and knowledge areas including vendor management and quality management for application developments.
- Participate in Infrastructure engineering; in areas of Telecommunications, Workplace, Middleware, Database and Hosting
- Work in IT Service Centre and other service management areas to support and manage the operations and infrastructure of the airline.
- Right of abode in Hong Kong
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent education qualifications) in IT or Engineering disciplines, or any related disciplines that demonstrates your exposure to technology
- Strong academic results
- Passion for aviation and a career in IT
- Business acumen and excellent analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving and influencing abilities
- High learning agility, good initiator and a passion to succeed
- Adaptable to cope with a dynamic, diversified and multi-cultural working environment
- Team player and able to work independently and cross functionally
- Excellent English verbal and written communication and presentation skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Fluency in Cantonese and Mandarin is preferred but not required
If you are interested, please submit your application online together with your CV and a cover letter on or before 31 December 2016
For more details of the programme, please visit: http://jobsatcathaypacific.com/itgraduates/index.php