Founded in 1886, The Wharf (Holdings) Limited is a listed subsidiary of Wheelock and Company Limited with consolidated assets of HK$444 billion. Wharf is active in Hong Kong and China with prime real estate as primary strategic focus. Site acquisition, development and marketing are its core competencies...
Founded in 1886, The Wharf (Holdings) Limited is a listed subsidiary of Wheelock and Company Limited with consolidated assets of HK$444 billion. Wharf is active in Hong Kong and China with prime real estate as primary strategic focus. Site acquisition, development and marketing are its core competencies while mall development and retail management remain its strategic differentiation. Investment Properties including flagships Harbour City and Times Square is the backbone of Wharf’s business model.
Join our winning team and make a difference in your career !
IT Manager (System & Network) (Ref: CPON_ITM_5)
The incumbent, reporting to the Department Head, will be responsible for :
- leading a team of system network and support staff in managing the group’s network infrastructure and its operations, including network design, configuration, installation, connectivity and implementation, to ensure robust and seamless support to business needs
- building up system platforms, data centre, security systems and other electronic infrastructure
- heavily involved in a major network revamp project covering HK and Mainland China offices
- Implement and maintain all network, security, and computer systems to meet the organization’s business existing and future needs
- Daily administration and oversight of the network and computer systems, ensure effectiveness at all time
- Professionally represent the Infrastructure team as a technical consultant on projects. Maintain as necessary project plans and documentation of all system builds and modifications
- Provide technical assistance and mentoring to technical team members to improve skill sets and understanding of data, systems, and architectural design
- Provide technical consultation on all other aspects of departmental functions
- Research, identify and evaluate new products and services within the IT field, recommend to Management for use when necessary
- Liaise, cooperate and coordinate with vendors, suppliers, distributors, and contract consultants.
- Devise reports on network performance and utilization to management
- Develop corporate policies and procedures and other documentation related to network, system and use/security
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the current industry standard desktop operating systems and major applications, for example MS Exchange
- Responsible for the overall design and growth of the company’s local and wide area networks
- Degree holders in Information Technology / Computer Science or Engineering / Mathematics or other related disciplines
- Minimum 10 years of experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide system platform, LANS, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc; in which 2 years leading an infrastructure team in a sizeable organizations preferred
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise Ethernet, VLANs, QoS, routing, switching , SSL/IPSec, SAN, Virtualization
- Experience managing a Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy and Exchange environment
- Proven track records in core infrastructure architecture design and project management, PMP or equivalent qualification is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills and experiences effectively communicating with technical and non-technical audiences
- Proactive, self-driven and detail-minded with strong problem solving skills
- Good command of both written and spoken English & Chinese, proficiency in Putonghua required
- Occasional travel to China is required
- Candidate with lower qualifications with commensurate experiences are welcome