Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA), one of the world's busiest international passenger and cargo airports, aims to maintain a leadership position in airport management and aviation-related businesses to strengthen Hong Kong as an international and regional aviation hub.
We are looking for high caliber individual to join the Airport Authority, the manager and operator of HKIA.
IT Specialist (Data & Database Infrastructure) (Ref: ITD16-0477-S-01)
|Work exp||Minimum 8 Years|
|Location||Chek Lap Kok, HK International Airport|
Information Technology > IT Project Management
Information Technology > Database Administrator (DBA)
Information Technology > IT Management
The Data & Database Infrastructure Team is responsible for the planning, delivery and managing the evolution of the data and database infrastructure services for Information Technology Department colleagues and developers, and Airport Authority end-users in various departments in 5 main areas:
- Data Model & Meta Data for ensuring data quality, consistency and reuse in all systems delivery
- Database & Data Warehouse Infrastructure for the efficient and cost effective database management services for airport operation
- Business Intelligence & Self Service Analytic Platform in supporting operation analysis and business decision making by end-user departments
- Data Life Cycle Management in ensuring the availability of the right data in the right time
- Operation Support and Infrastructure Management in ensuring a stable and secure database environment in the Authority
- Develop and enforce standards for data model design and meta data
- Lead and manage the design and delivery of database and data warehouse projects, and thereafter support and maintain the database & data warehouse infrastructure for applications deployment, systems operation and database services provision
- Lead and manage the design and delivery of the Business Intelligence & Self Service Analytic Platform, and thereafter provide support and maintenance in facilitating operation analysis and business decision making by business users
- Maintain data lineage and enforce data life cycle management principles and practices
- Perform daily database administration, performance and security monitoring
- Respond to alerts and incidents and conduct investigation and implement resolution
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent with at least 8 years relevant experience. At least recent 3 years acting as Database Administrator for mission-critical nonstop databases in sizable companies
- Solid experience in data & database design
- In depth knowledge of major relational database management system (RDBMS), including Oracle V11g or above, DB2 and MSSQL
- Project and support experience in Middleware, Data Mart/Data Warehouse and Decision Support Systems
- Mature, self-motivated, customer-oriented with excellent communication and project management skill
- Good command of written and spoken Chinese and English. Fluency in Putonghua is preferred
Interested parties please send the applications (including full career details, current and expected salary) to our Human Resources Department through email to RM4@hkairport.com and quote the reference code on the application.
Closing date: 28 November 2016
Data collected will only be used for job application processing. Applicant not being contacted by the Authority within eight weeks from the application closing date may assume that his/her application is unsuccessful. All personal data will be kept for a period of 12 months from the application closing date and will be destroyed afterwards.