Established by Tung Wah Group of Hospitals (“TWGHs”) in 2010, Tung Wah College (the “College”) is a self-financed degree-granting institution registered under the Post-Secondary Colleges Ordinance (Cap.320). Following the educational ideals of TWGHs and leveraging on its renowned strengths and expertise, the College aims to provide high quality tertiary education and nurture youngsters to possess the qualities of “T ∙ W ∙ C” (i.e. Talent in relevant professions, Wisdom in problem-solving and Commitment to responsibilities) and become socially responsible and caring professionals.
The College currently offers degree programmes in Business Administration (major in Entrepreneurship and Management, Financial Services, Health Services Management, Marketing & Professional Accountancy), Health Science (major in Applied Gerontology, Nursing), Medical Science (major in Basic Medical Sciences, Forensic Science, Medical Laboratory Science, Radiation Therapy & Veterinary Health Studies), Occupational Therapy, Social Science (major in Applied Psychology). In addition, the College also offers sub-degree programmes including Early Childhood Education, Business Studies, Psychology, Health Studies and Nursing. Besides building up a solid foundation for students to develop their professional competency for their future career development, the College provides them with very good support to participate in extra-curricular activities, exchange programmes and volunteer services etc. so as to broaden their perspectives and enrich their learning at the College.
Being a young and vibrant institution, the College aspires to become a private university in the long term. It is planning to launch a number of new programmes in coming years. To cope with its continuous development, we are now inviting highly qualified candidates to join our professional team:
Lecturer / Clinical Associate / Assistant Lecturer (Traditional Chinese Medicine), School of Nursing (TWC/16/124/NUR/L/CA/AL-TCM)
|Work exp||Minimum 3 Years|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Benefits||5-day week, Competitive pay, Dental plan, Education subsidies, Gratuity, Maternity leave, Medical plan, Paternity leave|
|Industry||Education / Training|
Education / Training > Teacher - Higher Education
Education / Training > Teacher - Tertiary / Vocational
The appointee will be required to
- deliver Chinese Medicinal services;
- dispense Chinese herbalist medicine;
- supervise students/ learners for clinical placement to the Integrative Health Centre of the College;
- maintain the Centre operations;
- deliver administrative works of the Centre including booking and scheduling;
- assist in delivering health talks; and
- perform any other duties as assigned by the Centre in charge.
The appointee may be required to work shift hours including on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
- Possess a Doctoral degree or Master degree in the area of Acupuncture and Chinese medicine or relevant discipline with a valid Practicing License of Registered Chinese Medicine Practitioner and Registered as Chinese Medicine Practitioner issued by the Chinese Medicine Council of Hong Kong;
- Applicants with a Master’s degree, they should have at least 3 years (for the post of Lecturer) of relevant practical experience and teaching experience in tertiary education sector; or at least 5 years of post-registration clinical experience in hospital/ community setting (for the post of Clinical Associate);
- Applicants with a Master’s qualification in a relevant discipline with less experience may be considered for the post of Assistant Lecturer.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.