RGE Group is a leading Asia Pacific industrial conglomerate with business interests in the resource-based industries. Established in the 1970s, the Group is a privately held entity with operations and offices in Singapore, Indonesia, China, Malaysia, Hong Kong and Brazil. Assets held by RGE companies exceed US$15 billion with a combined workforce of 50,000 employees worldwide.
For further information, please refer to: http://www.rgei.com/
Due to the strong business growth, the Group seeks to hire an experienced and dynamic Legal Counsel.
|Work exp||Minimum 10 Years|
|Benefits||13-month pay, 5-day week, Dental plan, Medical plan, Performance bonus|
|Industry||Manufacturing - Others|
Legal / Professional Services > Legal & Compliance
- Financing Transactions – independently review banking and security documentation, negotiation and making amendments
- Commercial Transactions – independently review non-disclosure agreements, sales & procurement related contracts including logistic contracts.
- Intellectual Property – assist in managing trademark registrations & protection and other IP rights
- Manage External Counsel – assist Legal Head, Greater China and business units on appointment and management of external counsel to handle banking, IP, litigious and other matters
- Other legal matters – support the development of global templates, review of other legal documents, advise on privacy and employment arrangements and issues, provide training on legal topics to business units, coordinate with offshore colleagues in managing legal matters, assist in implementation of internal policies/SOPs and other compliance work.
- Oversee HK corporate secretarial team on all corporate transactions and maintenance of record management system including preparation and maintenance of legal precedent files.
- Qualified lawyer / solicitor (in HK, Singapore or China) with 10 to 15 years’ PQE, including experience in a leading or mid-tier international or national law firm, banks or MNCs.
- Advantageous to have Corporate Commercial experience, including familiarity with banking transactions in HK (trade financing, project financing, syndicated loans, treasury, derivatives and debt restructuring) and preferably, with basic working knowledge of PRC regulatory regime applicable to foreign-invested enterprise.
- Corporate commercial experience in M&A, JVs, international trade
- Strong understanding of global international trade, finance and commercial issues
- Proactive, attentive to detail and desire to excel in a dynamic environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player and can readily lead colleagues to complete required tasks.
- Good in spoken and written English and Mandarin
- Proficient in MS office applications