Hang Seng Management College (HSMC), restructured from the former Hang Seng School of Commerce, was established in 2010 as a non-profit-making private university-level institution with five Schools (Business, Communication, Decision Sciences, Humanities & Social Science, and Translation), about 5,000 full-time students and 185 full-time faculty members. Adopting the unique “Liberal + Professional” education model, HSMC is a residential-type College which puts quality teaching and students’ all-round development as its highest priorities. Aspiring to be a leading self-financing university in Hong Kong, HSMC features top-quality faculty members, award-winning green campus facilities, innovative degree programmes, impactful research on corporate sustainability, and excellent student support services, with the aim of nurturing young talents with independent thinking, innovative minds, human caring and social responsibilities.
The College now invites applications for the following position:
Library Assistant – Library
|Education||Diploma / Certificate|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Industry||Education / Training|
Administration > Clerical / Admin / Operation
Marketing / Public Relations > Marketing - General / Support
Education / Training > Library Services
- Perform duties at service counters including answering general enquiries, checking in and out materials, following up on overdue items and collecting fines;
- Manage circulation-related issues, maintain collection stacks, handle library inventory and prepare statistical reports on library operations and usage;
- Assist in managing the course reserve collection and document delivery services;
- Prepare notices, posters, displays and training materials for library services promotion;
- Assist library users in the use of library services, equipment and facilities including use of self-check machine and printing services; and
- Participate in library-wide events such as library orientation, exhibition and etc.
- Possess a recognized university degree and certificate for library assistants or equivalent;
- Have experience in providing circulation and information services in an academic library;
- Have good command of written and spoken both English and Chinese;
- Have good organizational and interpersonal skills with ability to manage complex activities and monitor detailed work accurately;
- Have knowledge of Chinese and English word processing spreadsheets, office software applications, library management systems and website development;
- Be responsible with positive customer care attitudes and have the ability to work independently.
The appointee will be required to work shifts in evenings, on weekends and public holidays. Applicants with work experience in the tertiary education sector will be an advantage.