Prudential has been serving the people of Hong Kong since 1964. Through Prudential Hong Kong Limited and Prudential General Insurance Hong Kong Limited, we provide a range of financial planning services and products including individual life insurance, investment-linked insurance, retirement solutions, health and medical protection, general insurance and employee benefits.
Prudential plc is an international financial services group with significant operations in Asia, the US and the UK. We serve over 24 million insurance customers and have £509 billion of assets under management as at 31 December 2015. Prudential plc is listed on stock exchanges in Hong Kong, London, New York and Singapore.
Please visit www.prudential.com.hk for more information.
Manager, Application Management (Project Management)
- Manage and ensure project activities of strategic projects and other system projects being conducted according to the plan effectively and efficiently by the project team composing of multiple parties, including IT teams, business users and vendors.
- Utilize project management best practices to manage and ensure project activities of strategic projects and other system projects being conducted according to the plan effectively and efficiently.
- Organize project activities, ensure individual activities are completing on time and budget, and ensure the activities meet the objectives effectively with the support of Subject Matter Experts.
- Identify, assess, monitor and manage project risks and issues, and manage escalations in case the risks and issues are out of track.
- Assess various solutions and vendors for system solutions to align with the technology roadmap and business strategy.
- Produce accurate and concise project dashboards and progress update to project governance bodies including Project Steering Committee and Project Sponsors.
Degree in Computer Studies, or related disciplines.
Minimum 10 years of working experience in Information Technology with at least 4 years of project management on application development projects in insurance, banking or finance sectors.
Solid experience in managing medium to large-scale projects and outsourcing services.
Strong project management skills; good understanding and practical application of project management practices such as Prince and PMP.
Solid application knowledge in insurance, banking and finance systems.
Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills.
Good leadership, people management, vendor management, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Solid technical knowledge in AIX, Wintel, mobile platform, databases such as Informix, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2 and Oracle, and programming languages such as Microsoft .NET and Java/J2EE.