KPMG China operates in 16 cities across China, with around 10,000 partners and staff in Beijing, Beijing Zhongguancun, Chengdu, Chongqing, Foshan, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Tianjin, Xiamen, Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR.
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 152 countries and regions, and have 189,000 people working in member firms around the world.
Manager, Cyber Security
At KPMG's Consulting practice, we do not limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. We deliver both. Our Hong Kong division is the fastest growing within KPMG China and represents a young and enthusiastic team that always pushes for success. Since our inception, we have acquired in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad range of sectors and services.
We are seeking Cyber Security practitioners to join our IT Advisory practice. This role focuses on managing topical cyber security issues for our clients by helping them in identifying cyber security risks within the organization and defining strategy as well as carry out implementation of solutions to address the risk.
- Support information security engagements across the full set of capabilities at KPMG, including security strategy, policy and architecture, information privacy and governance, certification and compliance, business and technology resilience and security testing
- Manage technical security engagements, including penetration testing (infrastructure and application), security architecture, system and network assurance, and code reviews
- Communicate technical issues in business terms and deliver value using a pragmatic approach to the technical components of information security
- Identify and communicate engagement findings to senior management and client personnel
- Develop marketing and training materials to help develop staff awareness within the company and communicate KPMG’s capabilities to clients
- Build and maintain relationships with existing and prospective clients, and develop / improve your network of business contacts
- Assist with scoping prospective engagements and developing proposals
- Take an active role in KPMG’s global community of security professionals, assist with research into vulnerabilities and develop our ability to perform security engagements
- Recognise performance improvement opportunities for clients
- Work across KPMG service lines to identify synergies in offerings
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college / university in a Computer Science-related discipline
- CISSP, CISA and / or CISM certification preferred
- Accreditation for an industry penetration testing certification preferred (e.g. CPTE, CPTC, GPEN, or CEH)
- Minimum of five years’ experience in information security, ideally within a professional services environment or internal consultancy function delivering cyber security related services
- Strong knowledge of enterprise technologies, especially networking principles and internet-based technologies, with self-motivated learning ability
- Strong knowledge of internet application security, including common internet application vulnerabilities and network architecture to support internet applications
- Strong knowledge base in operations, enterprise networking, operating systems and database security evaluation and architecture
- Hands-on experience conducting network scanning and penetration testing preferred
- Experience with security testing tools is an advantage
- Knowledge of IT security vendor products is an advantage
- Experience in financial services is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese)
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to gain the confidence and respect of senior level executives
- Strong client services orientation and accustomed to taking an active role in executing client engagements
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to develop thought leadership publications
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2017 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.