A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages.
Manager, Data Protection
Risk and Compliance – Security and Fraud Risk (Information Security Risk)
Hang Seng's Risk and Compliance ("RKM") strives to maintain a well-balanced risk profile for the Bank while enabling businesses to thrive. Our team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types. We are dedicated to collaborate with businesses, other functional units and regulatory bodies to develop and implement robust and customized risk management frameworks and measures to maintain the strong market position of the Bank.
Security and Fraud Risk protects our customers, staff and the Bank from security and fraud risk through deployment of a balanced mix of technology and personnel, provision of a safe environment and peace of mind to our customers and staff, and effective use of fraud intelligence, real time monitoring system and timely investigation services.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Manager, Data Protection.
- Oversee and ensure the compliance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (PDPO) in the Bank
- Plan and develop policies, standards and procedures on data privacy matters
- Ensure Data Access Requests and Data Correction Requests are handled properly as required by law
- Be the prime contact with Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data (PCPD) and coordinate / investigate the enquiries and complaint cases from the Office of the PCPD, regulators and other external parties
- Support and implement the data privacy projects initiated from global / regional office
- Review and provide input on breach of data privacy incidents
- Provide expertise, guidance, consultancy and support to the Businesses/Functions to identify risk and control related to date privacy regulations
- Conduct Second Line of Defense and compliance checks on application forms, T&Cs, and internal processes
- Enhance staff’s awareness and knowledge of PDPO within the Bank
- University degree in Law or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of experience in compliance, data privacy or information security area
- Knowledge in PDPO, guidance notes and other data privacy regulations
- Hands-on experience in handling data privacy issues
- Good knowledge in banking operations and technology related controls
- Strong self-motivation, with good interpersonal and analytical skills
- Proficiency in English and Chinese, fluency in Putonghua an advantage
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes