Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA), one of the world's busiest international passenger and cargo airports, aims to maintain a leadership position in airport management and aviation-related businesses to strengthen Hong Kong as an international and regional aviation hub.
We are looking for high caliber individual to join the Airport Authority, the manager and operator of HKIA.
Manager, Environment (Fixed-Term Contract) (Ref: TRD16-0185(5)-S-02)
|Work exp||Minimum 10 Years|
|Location||HK International Airport|
Engineering > Engineering Project Management
Science / Lab / Research > Environmental Science / Waste Management
Construction / Property > Civil / Structural Engineering
This is a fixed-term contract position of minimum 2 years with possibility for renewal subject to organization need and individual performance.
The successful candidate will report to the Senior Manager, Environment and play a major role in ensuring that the Authority’s development projects are undertaken to best practice environmental standards and achieve compliance with all applicable environmental and related legislation, including the Environmental Impact Assessment Ordinance and other applicable environmental legislation, standards and criteria. He/She will need a thorough knowledge of all environmental impacts anticipated for the scale and types of development considered at HKIA and the required mitigation measures and environmental best practice covering both the construction and operations phases. A hands-on approach will be needed in all necessary environmental assessments and fieldwork activity and in preparation and drafting of assessment reports, design and contract specifications and related materials. He/She will be involved in overseeing project progress and in environmental consultancy management, coordination, internal and external liaison (e.g. with Government authorities, design and construction teams), as well as coordination of engagement with key local/ community stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in environmental or related discipline. Master’s degree is preferable;
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience, of which minimum of 6 years in managing position;
- Specialist knowledge and experience in air quality assessment, noise assessment, and green building design would be advantageous;
- Solid and proven hands-on management experience of environmental and/ or project management of large scale multi-disciplinary construction projects;
- Track records of effective liaison and coordination with regulatory authorities on delivering major public projects and experience in stakeholder engagement and public consultation;
- Conversant with Hong Kong environmental legislation and its application on large-scale construction projects;
- Member of HKIE, HKIEIA, CIWEM or other equivalent professional bodies would be advantageous;
- Excellent leadership, problem solving and communication skills;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese;
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and project management software tools.