Manager – Financial Planning & Analysis (based in Macau/Vietnam)
Reports to Senior Vice President of Finance
Location : Macau or Vietnam
Our client is an international company that develops and operates destination resorts that provide a fully integrated resort experience including high-end accommodations, entertainment and gaming facilities. The company has an opening based in Vietnam or Macau in their Financial Planning & Analysis team.
The primary responsibility is to assist the resort in the supervision of daily operations of the department. The position is responsible for overseeing multiple, advanced analytical projects which provide concise, accurate and actionable and strategic recommendations to Corporate & resort senior management for both gaming and non-gaming areas. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and resort policies, practices, and procedures.
· Prepare & administer Capital submissions to Corporate & reconcile the G/L with project accounting on a regular basis.
· Work with property departments to oversee the creation of yearly and long-term Capital and operational plans.
· Participate in weekly strategy meetings to identify and provide analysis for key strategic initiatives as they relate to direct marketing, hotel yield, casino promotions etc.
· Oversee and automate key analytical reports for the property operating departments and key senior management at Corporate.
· Work closely with the SVP Finance in ensuring that analysis is comprehensive and cohesive.
· Perform multiple audits including sales commissions and casino host bonuses.
· Conduct ad-hoc analyses including, but not exclusive to, gaming performance reviews, special event analyses, hotel operational analyses, resort financial modeling and statistical analyses.
· Act as a key member of the annual budgets and forecasting process.
· Provide timely, analytical support for requests at the direction of department heads and senior management.
· Take responsibility of the property-wide data dissemination process using a Business Intelligence tool.
· Convert key financial and operating data into strategic and value-added recommendations.
· Focus on supporting an individual operating area while providing cross-functional support as needed.
· Provide routine practical recommendations to increase casino traffic.
· Assist the Finance group with monthly and ad-hoc requests.
· Ability to effectively manage projects with multiple internal and external groups.
· Execute reports and query data from various systems as requested for the department.
· Perform additional duties as directed by management.
· Degree qualified from an internationally recognized university in Business, Accounting or equivalent major. MBA are preferred.
· Qualified accountants from internationally recognized accounting institutes are preferred.
· At least 5 years of work experience in financial analysis, information technology, project accounting, or a related field at positions with increasing levels of responsibility required.
· Excellent mathematical and analytical acumen with a solid understanding of financial and accounting principles. In addition, candidates should have previous exposure to integrated resort with casino operations.
· Strong PC skills, including expert level skills in MS Excel and intermediate level database skills. Must have experience with querying software and relational databases, preferably SQL.
· Must have a positive and persuasive presentation style and experience managing inter-departmental projects with many stakeholders.
· Must have a proven track record of successfully managing a team of sophisticated analysts.
· Must have an adaptable & flexible attitude.
· Frequent travel will be required of this role
· Must have the ability to multi-task and have superior organizational skills.
· Arrange timeline to independently complete tasks and department assignments or projects, and meet the deadlines related to those assignments.
· Fluency in English and must possess excellent communication skills (both written & spoken)
For those who are interested, please forward your resume with present salary, expected salary and available date to firstname.lastname@example.org
quoting Ref No. AG743
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.