Founded in 1901 as China Light and Power Company Limited in Hong Kong, CLP Group has grown from a Hong Kong-based power utility into a leading investor and operator in the Asia Pacific Region’s electricity market. Its portfolio comprises over 60 generation assets of gas, coal, nuclear and renewable energy, distribution and transmission assets and retail operations. The CLP Group is owned by CLP Holdings, a company listed on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong.
Manager – Group Sustainability [Ref. : CLPP-CD-GS-M]
As one of the leading energy companies in the Asia Pacific region, our vision is to be the leading responsible energy provider in the Asia-Pacific region, from one generation to the next. In a changing world, our mission is to produce and supply energy with minimal environmental impact to create value for shareholders, employees and the wider community. We are now looking for a dedicated individual to join the Group Sustainability Department in CLP Power Hong Kong Limited. As a member of the Advocacy & Business Innovation function reporting to the Senior Manager – Group Sustainability, the successful candidate will:
- Support business units, management and the board on sustainability-related strategy analysis, development and implementation.
- Develop data analytic capabilities, incubate appropriate models, and integrate them into existing business processes to manage and assess current and emerging technological, environmental, social and governance risks and its financial implications for the business, such as portfolio management and return on investment.
- Develop advanced mathematical models and analytic tools for business improvement applications.
- Conduct benchmarking and analyses on sustainability-related performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Monitor research & technological development, emerging international industry-related policies and potential local industry-related regulations.
- Support the development of Group-level sustainability-related guidelines, communications and positions.
- Engage international and local stakeholders through speaking/lecturing to business community, academia, students and/or the public on our environmental challenges and practices.
- Support on all other Group Sustainability department deliverables, such as internal capacity building, external reporting, sharing and implementation of good/best sustainability practices across the Group and throughout our operations.
- A recognized university degree in engineering, science, business or finance discipline required, advanced degree in engineering or finance preferred.
- Over 8 years of experience in finance, business, customer service, engineering, energy and environmental-related area(s) required; with at least 3 years of research experience in engineering and/or renewable energy fields preferred.
- Proficiency and experience in programming languages such as Matlab, SAS, GAMS, MS Office & Tableau required.
- Experience in engineering and financial modelling, optimization, simulation, system modelling, database development, numerical analyses, benchmarking, and research strategy development required.
- High proficiency for understanding and interpreting scientific and technical reports and data required.
- Good presentation skills and ability to articulate complex technical issues preferred.
- Proficient in written and spoken English and Chinese (preferably Cantonese and Putonghua) languages.
- Good stakeholder management and organizational skills and ability to work under pressure to deal with multiple tasks and tight deadlines.
Please apply by sending email to email@example.com giving a detailed C.V., including career history, major achievements and personal attributes on or before 8 October 2016.
Important: To facilitate our easy tracking please use a unique file name for all attachments and your email subject box in this format: MGS__Last Name_First Name_Other Names (if applicable)
Applicants not invited for interview within 6 weeks from the closing date may assume their applications unsuccessful.
Information provided will be for recruitment purpose within the CLP Group and only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations of HKSAR in handling applications. For details of the Personal Information Collection Statement, please visit our website: https://clp.to/engPICS
For further information on our company, please visit our website: https://www.clpgroup.com/