KPMG is part of a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. KPMG International operates in 155 countries and has more than 174,000 people working in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity and describes itself as such.
Manager, People and Change, Management Consulting
In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both. Our team in Hong Kong is the fastest growing division within KPMG China and represents a young and enthusiastic team that always pushes itself to succeed. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors and services.
Our P&C team is dedicated to helping our clients get the best out of their people. We work on standalone People & Change projects, we also provide subject matter expertise to projects led by other areas of KPMG such as Financial Management, Business Effectiveness, or Operational Strategy.
We provide a broad range of services to our clients, including
- Behavioural change management - ensuring organisations benefit from large scale change projects by introducing new behaviours and minimising underperformance
- Organisation development - target operating model development, organisation design, role clarity, performance management, organisational culture, employee development and reward / recognition
- Optimising human resource departments - creating cost effective, integrated HR functions that contribute to the delivery of business strategy
- Talent development - helping clients identify, retain and develop talent
- Performance Management and Reward - designing reward strategies / incentive schemes, and performance management frameworks / processes
We are looking for Manager with the following experience and qualities
- Working for a major advisory business or leading Corporate organisation
- Helping restructure HR functions / teams to deliver optimised services
- Acting as subject matter expert in advising clients on maximising benefits and reducing risk
- Using the expertise to support of People and Change propositions
- Delivering standalone projects that contribute to the overall success of the project or work stream
- Passionate about your discipline with a history of continuous learning
- Commercial acumen evidenced by an ability to identify business opportunities
- Drive and resilience to overcome challenges or setbacks
- Strong communication skills for building lasting client relationships
The responsibilities attached to this role will include some or all of the following
- Managing a team of KPMG professionals on client engagements and providing leadership and shaping delivery approach
- Developing client relationships to promote the reputation of KPMG as the advisor of choice and identify further client opportunities
- Managing multiple agendas / priorities and designing achievable programmes / projects
- Sharing knowledge and supporting the development of other team members
- Advising clients on maximising benefits and reducing risks
- Supporting business development initiatives including bid proposals and contract / commercial management
- Coaching team members to ensure excellent client delivery whilst also enabling their career development
The individual will have
- A good track record of delivering high-quality projects, or assignment outputs with a focus on delivering measurable business improvements, preferably from working for a major advisory business, consultancy or corporate
- The ability to planning, designing and shaping project work streams, managing progress, resolving issues and limiting risks
- The ability to meet milestones within time, cost and quality constraints
- Solid problem-solving skills, ability to analyse complex data, identify core issues, investigate, evaluate and reach appropriate conclusions / solutions
- A track record of managing multiple tasks, priorities, delegating and managing staff
- Passion towards areas of expertise, managing your own development by learning continuously from experience and seeking out development opportunities
- A sense of integrity and be a team player with commercial awareness
- Qualifications including CIPD, MBA and Prince 2 would be beneficial but not essential
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2016 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.