PwC - Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau
PwC in Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau work together on a collaborative basis, subject to local applicable laws. Collectively, we have around 620 partners and a strength of over 15,000 people.
Providing organisations with the professional service they need, wherever they may be located. Our highly qualified, experienced professionals listen to different points of view to help organisations solve their business issues and identify and maximise the opportunities they seek. Our industry specialisation allows us to help co-create solutions with our clients for their sector of interest.
We are located in these cities: Beijing, Shanghai, Tianjin, Chongqing, Shenyang, Dalian, Xi'an, Chengdu, Qingdao, Nanjing, Suzhou, Wuhan, Hangzhou, Ningbo, Xiamen, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Taipei, Chungli, Hsinchu, Kaohsiung, Taichung, Tainan, and Macau.
Our Advisory practice, further divided into Consulting and Deals, has grown in size, scope and scale. Today, our clients engage us to help solve their strategic and day-to-day problems. We do this by creating unique, value-added solutions based on the combination of industry knowledge, subject matter expertise in Consulting and Deals, and our collective experience from all areas of PwC. We help clients implement their business strategies by working with them to build effective organisations, innovate and grow, reduce their costs, manage crises, manage risk and navigate regulation, maximise their human resources, execute better deals, and restructure troubled businesses.
We work together with clients to create greater value in their mergers, acquisitions, disposals and restructuring by helping them to:
- Develop the right strategy before the deal
- Execute their deals seamlessly
- Identify issues and points of negotiation and value
- Implement change strategies to deliver synergies and improvements after the deal
We also help clients assess the options available in troubled financial situations and advise on restructuring and maximising value.
Manager/Senior Manager-Transaction Services (FS focus)-Deals
|Work exp||5 Years To 8 Years|
|Language||Chinese - Cantonese, Chinese - Mandarin, English|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Industry||Accounting / Audit / Taxation|
Accounting > Audit
Legal / Professional Services > Business Consultancy
Banking / Finance > Investment Banking / M & A
Our Transaction Services Team provides services across the whole deal continuum, delivering a fully connected solution to our clients. We assist clients to gather and analyse data to support entry decisions, be it through establishing greenfield operations, merger or acquisition, alliance, or licensing arrangements. We bring in-depth knowledge in the following fields:
- Financial due diligence in the context of an acquisition of divestment of a target business
- Operations due diligence in the context of a transaction or restructuring of the operations of a target business, including synergy reviews
- Developing and implementing plans to separate a business from its parent either as part of a transaction or otherwise
- Developing and implementing post deal plans (‘first 100 days’) for improving the operations of a target business or the combined operations of a merged entity
About our team
Our dedicated transaction team specializes in advising clients operating or investing in the financial services industry. With 20+ people spread across Hong Kong, Shanghai and Beijing, we advise on Asia in and out bound deals. With our team experiencing rapid growth over the past few years, on the back of increased M&A activity in Asia, including China outbound deals, we are looking to further expand our team to capture the significant growth in opportunities we are seeing within the region. In support of the team’s further expansion, we are looking for Managers and Senior Managers with a background in the financial services industries.
You will be expected to independently lead a team to deliver concise, deal issue-oriented reports and presentations to clients, highlighting the key findings from the due diligence, suggesting how such findings should be incorporated into the client’s valuation and/or purchase and sale agreement, and providing other negotiating points.
You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, allowing you to be an active member of the team, contributing your thoughts and ideas and challenging the status quo.
You will have strong technical skills and sound business and commercial understanding and thought process to allow you to deliver value adding and strategic insights to clients.
- Develop international business through the firm's international network;
- Develop local business by pitching to Asia Pacific financial services institutions;
- Perform risk management procedures including scoping, drafting engagement letters and project budgeting;
- Review reports and prepare key summary section;
- Assist clients in deal structuring, negotiation and documentation matters;
- Work closely with tax diligence, valuations diligence and commercial diligence teams to develop and execute joint projects;
- Work closely with overseas colleagues on international assignments.
- A degree in economics, accounting, business or finance with professional qualifications in accounting/ finance (including CPA/CFA).
- Managers: five to eight years; Senior Manager: seven to ten years
- Big Four accounting firm or equivalent Financial Due Diligence background on Targets including banks, securities and brokerage, funds, trust, and asset management preferred;
- HKCPA or equivalent qualification and technically strong;
- Experienced in managing Asia Pacific clients, including Chinese clients;
- Must have good business sense and be able to analyze complex business transaction situations to identify key elements and issues that are important to reach sound conclusions;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Hands-on approach to unravelling commercial complexities;
- Must be a creative thinker to develop alternate solutions while satisfying stated business objectives;
- Bright, team player, who works effectively under high pressure;
- Flexibility and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally is a must
- Excellent written English, including the ability to write succinct, well-structured reports
- Written Chinese, conversational in Mandarin and other Asian language is a plus