Comprising Hong Kong Science Park, InnoCentre and Industrial Estates, Hong Kong Science & Technology Parks Corporation (HKSTP) is a statutory body dedicated to building a vibrant innovation and technology ecosystem to connect stakeholders, nurture technology talents, facilitate collaboration, and catalyse innovations to deliver social and economic benefits to Hong Kong and the region.
Established in May 2001, HKSTP has been driving the development of Hong Kong into a regional hub for innovation and growth in several focused clusters including Electronics, Information & Communications Technology, Green Technology, Biomedical Technology, Material and Precision Engineering. We enable science and technology companies to nurture ideas, innovate and grow, supported by our R&D facilities, infrastructure, and market-led laboratories and technical centres with professional support services. We also offer value added services and comprehensive incubation programmes for technology start-ups to accelerate their growth.
Technology businesses benefit from our specialised services and infrastructure at Hong Kong Science Park for applied research and product development; enterprises can find creative design support at InnoCentre; while skill-intensive businesses are served by our three industrial estates at Tai Po, Tseung Kwan O and Yuen Long.
Manager, Technical Services
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Benefits||5-day week, Insurance plan, Medical plan|
Construction / Property > Architect
Construction / Property > Building & Construction
Construction / Property > Surveying / Valuations / Investment
- Manage the facilities management service providers in Science Park and InnoCentre to ensure effective operation of the engineering facilities in terms of operation, maintenance and improvement, etc;
- Review functions and operations of different areas in technical services for continuous improvement;
- Conduct periodic survey of the existing facilities, including building structures and finishes, plant and equipment, and monitor the operation and maintenance of all building services installation so as to update the preventive maintenance programme;
- Provide professional advice on all technical inquiries from tenants and internal clients in respective of fitting out and relevant statutory compliance;
- Assist to prepare annual operation budget and monitor actual monthly income and expenditure;
- Handling of major capital works projects undertaken by the facilities management team including to commission consultants and monitor and assess payments of projects;
- Review and approve tender or contract documents submitted by the facilities management service providers and advise senior management for improvement initiatives on the tendering process and tender / contract document;
- Monitor the taking over process of new buildings and follow up all outstanding building defects after take-over, and pursue the matters with respective project team members or contractors until their satisfactory completion;
- Monitor record keeping and regular checking on all inventory of spare parts, furniture and equipment under the facilities management team as well as to supervise various engineering audits, such as ISO50001, carbon audit and energy audit and etc;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Possession of a Bachelor degree in Surveying, Architecture, Building Services Engineering or Facilities Management or equivalent. Preferably with a Master degree in Facilities Management;
- Corporate membership of HKIS, HKIA, HKIE, HKIFM or equivalent;
- Minimum 8 years’ relevant working experience in operation and maintenance of major building projects;
- Experience in facilities management with knowledge of Government procedures and requirements on licensing and maintenance certifications;
- Experience in handling A&A and fitting out projects and knowledge of relevant statutory requirements;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Chinese (including Putonghua).
We offer market competitive compensation, 5-day work week, and generous benefits including medical and life insurance; and voluntary contribution in addition to the legal minimum MPF. To apply, please send your full resume with current and expected salary to the Human Resources & Office Administration Department, Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation, 8/F, Bio-Informatics Centre, No. 2 Science Park West Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong or, by email to email@example.com on or before 21 November 2016. Please quote the reference number on the email subject/envelope and the application letter.
Personal data provided will be treated in strict confidence and will only be used for consideration of application. Applicants not invited for interview within four weeks after the job is closed for application may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data of unsuccessful applicants will be retained for a maximum of two years.