MARKETING DIRECTOR (e-Commerce)
Our client is a leading multinational company. Due to continuous growth, an outstanding individual is needed to fill the role of e-Commerce Director. You will lead the e-Commerce marketing function of the group in Asia, with emphasis on developing and executing marketing strategies and plans in conjunction with HQ counterparts.
- The Marketing Director supports the e-commerce channels within the company organization. You will be a key contributor to the success of the launch of the online business Asia and thereafter the ongoing evolution of the online presence. You will manage the Asia e-commerce marketing department and all Asia online marketing programs and initiatives. The primary focus will be on driving revenue online through marketing programs, ensuring consistency between customer touch-points, acquiring and retaining profitable customers, and supporting the Asia e-commerce expansion from a marketing perspective.
- This position will also involve collaboration with the respective leadership teams to identify new customer programs, business opportunities, and strategic relationships that will profitably drive incremental sales growth while upholding the brand image.
- Serve as strategic partner to third party agencies or service providers; manage contracts and negotiate on behalf of the business in new endeavors
- Develop and lead the execution of annual and seasonal marketing plans as well as strategic planning on e-commerce. Oversee and develop marketing initiatives including: email marketing, print marketing (package inserts / bag stuffers, etc.), affiliate marketing, partner programs, search engine marketing, website analytics, etc.
- Develop and execute market research plans which adequately measure and lead to a better understanding of the brand and customer segments
- Continue development of client metrics and insights to be shared with the Executive Team
- Develop and manage budgets dedicated to marketing initiatives
- Assist in the planning, forecasting and measurement of marketing’s impact to the online/offline businesses
- Analyze programs effectiveness and develop best practice recommendations
- Ensure the Company’s business objectives are met through market analysis, project planning and execution.
- Develop strong partnerships with cross-functional and inter-company peers
- Attract, retain and develop talent
- The ideal candidate is someone with experience setting strategy for an e-commerce or multi-channel retail business, with an appreciation and ability to leverage customer behavior to drive results. This candidate must have experience in managing an ecommerce-focused marketing team and a well-rounded marketing expertise. Established success in leveraging the internet as a marketing vehicle and experience in driving the following programs is required: multi-channel strategy, email marketing, paid search placement, search engine optimization, affiliate marketing, direct response, best of breed CRM, and marketing analytics. A working knowledge of database marketing would also be ideal.
- The role requires demonstrated strategy development, leadership, ability to establish positive relationships, influencing, and communication skills, along with a passion for results and the interactive marketplace.
- Degree holder in Marketing, e-Commerce and/or MBA or related discipline;
- At least 10 years of experience in a marketing role with minimum 3 years in e-business or online marketing
- Knowledge in online e-Commerce trading platform preferred.
- Acute sense of market and online trends and customer needs with strong analytical mind.
- Ability to see from the customers’ perspective and serve as their advocate. Passionate about understanding consumer behavior and demonstrated ability to translate findings into meaningful, prosperous long-term relationships
- Strong leadership with excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with people at all level and from different culture
- Ability to work with all business divisions in a proactive manner and drive results
- Adapts easily to changing situations and demonstrates flexibility in juggling priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong presentation skills a must
- Fluent in English and Chinese
Please submit your application, in strict confidence, to mail to: email@example.com Quoting Ref No. AG847
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.