A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages.
Media Relations Manager
|Work exp||Minimum 10 Years|
|Employment type||Full Time|
Marketing / Public Relations > Marketing - Corporate Communications
Banking / Finance > Others
Marketing / Public Relations > Public Relation - Media / Investor Relations
Communications – Media Relations
Hang Seng’s Communications function is dedicated to enhancing the Bank’s image by strengthening relationships with different stakeholders, including the media. We monitor public opinion on Hang Seng and help ensure important Bank messages are conveyed in a timely and effective manner. We promote the Bank’s products and services to the external audience on a proactive basis. We also safeguard Hang Seng’s strong brand and position as the leading domestic bank in Hong Kong by advising on reputational matters.
In addition, the Communications function includes editorial services and internal communications. It is responsible for the production of key corporate literature, including the annual report.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Media Relations Manager.
- Contribute to the development of a cohesive media relations strategy and deliver strong positioning for the Bank
- Drive media communications programmes and ensure effective and efficient implementation
- Draft press releases and external communications materials
- Handle media enquiries and provide advice on communications matters
- Anticipate and identify issues which may have an impact on the Bank and provide insight to different stakeholders
- Monitor public opinion on the Bank
- Work on interim and annual results announcements
- University degree in journalism, communications, translation or a related discipline
- At least 10 years of experience in media relations or corporate communications
- A demonstrable track record of successfully driving public relations programmes in a sizable organization
- Sound knowledge of and great sensitivity to business and social issues
- Excellent command of English and Chinese and fluency in Putonghua
- Proficiency in PC applications, including Chinese word processing
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
(Candidates with less experience will be considered for an Assistant Media Relations Manager.)