International SOS (http://www.internationalsos.com) is the world’s leading international healthcare, medical and security assistance, and concierge services company. Operating in over 70 countries, International SOS provides integrated medical, clinical, security, and customer care solutions to organizations with international operations. A global team of over 10,000 employees led by1,100 full-time physicians and 200 security specialists provides services including planning, preventative programs, in-country expertise and emergency response to over 70 percent of the Fortune Global 500 companies.
Now join us and embark on a unique journey into an environment that provides ample opportunities for you to care and grow!
Medical Advisor (Permanent Part Time)
|Work exp||5 Years To 8 Years|
|Employment type||Part Time|
|Industry||Security / Fire / Electronic Access Controls|
Medical Services > Doctor / Practitioner / Surgeon
Medical Services > Pharmaceutical
Medical Services > Others
We are seeking physicians / doctors who are currently residing in Beijing, Hong Kong or Shanghai to join us as a Permanent Part Time Medical Advisor.
The Medical Advisor will work at the International SOS Assistance Centre in Beijing, Hong Kong or Shanghai. You will provide support to the 24 hour assistance centres combined with the running of medical evacuations and transport of patients. You will be rostered to work both day and night shifts.
* Availability of position: Immediate
*6 weeks training in Singapore will be provided
- Provide professional telephone assistance to patients and monitor the appropriateness of the medical treatment.
- Obtain medical reports verbally from treating Doctors to ascertain the suitability of patient’s treatment and/or to coordinate the patient’s needs for transport.
- Monitor the medical aspects of evacuations and repatriations, including assessing the necessity of an evacuation and the means by which it should take place.
- Liaise with medical departments of various commercial airlines for passenger clearance. Complete medical information forms with accuracy and within required timeframes.
- Knowledge and adherence to International SOS internal policies and procedures, as well as policies and procedures outlined by our clients.
- Ensure that patient’s information is stored appropriately in related systems and follows the internal procedures on privacy. Patient information is not shared with other departments or externally.
- Communication with clients and other assistance centres through emails or confirmations is professional and meets business standards.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Work effectively with non-medical staff and clients
- Integrate medical information and produce recommendations to clients
- Present medical information to non-medical staff and clients
- Effectively balance medical needs with commercial considerations
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Customer/client focused
- Empathetic manner
- Confident clinical decision making skills
- Time management
- Team player
- Cultural awareness
- Computer literate
Required Work Experience/Knowledge
- Medical Doctor with at least 5-8 years of post qualification experience
- Experience gained within accident & emergency and general practice
Desirable Work Experience/Knowledge
- Varied international medical and/or health care system experience
- Experience in assistance, aviation, remote area medicine