Merchandise Manager (Hardline, experience in US Buying Office)
|Work exp||10 Years To 15 Years or above|
|Language||Chinese - Cantonese, Chinese - Mandarin, English|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Benefits||13-month pay, 5-day week, Dental plan, Guaranteed bonus, Medical plan, Statutory holidays|
|Industry||Trading / Import & Export / Wholesale|
Merchandising / Purchasing > Merchandising - Electronics
Merchandising / Purchasing > Purchasing / Procurement / Sourcing
Merchandising / Purchasing > Others
Our client – an expanding US Sourcing Office is looking for high caliber candidates to fill up the following positions :
Purpose of the Position :
This position is responsible for supporting Head of Merchandise Operations and leading the team of Merchandisers/ Associate Merchandisers to ensure the proper handling of Product Brief Development management and ensure on time delivery of the high quality merchandise from vendors
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Responsible for supporting Head of Merchandise Operations and leading the team of Merchandisers/ Associate Merchandisers to responsible the end-to-end project development brief management, meet the on time delivery, quality and commercial KPIs
- Good Team leader, lead the product brief development and liaise with Sourcing team and Quality team to manage WIP and production follow-up for assigned product categories to ensure timely response to management.
- To lead, develop, coach and motivate a Merchandise team in Ningbo, China to deliver the product life cycle management including product brief development, manufacturing and delivery
- Process and analyze data such as FOB, purchase orders of responsible product categories, costing to support Head of Merchandise Operations to identify opportunities to drive vendor performance, product quality and cost reduction initiatives
- Build the team with product category expertise in the responsible areas to become product expert champions
- Accountable for the weekly project tracker update and communicate with all key stakeholders to give the overall project status.
- Report generation and handle enquires from other departments including QA and external vendors
- Maintain and keep the product records systematically and properly.
- Support ad hoc assignments and projects if necessary.
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge Requirements :
- Degree holder in Merchandising Management or related discipline
- Minimum 10 years merchandising experience in Hardline categories with at least 3 years in managerial level, preferably in a US buying office.
- Solid merchandising and development experience with good vendor connection in global market
- Strong planning, organizing and communication skills
- Good team player, flexible, problem solving and leadership skills
- Strong negotiation, presentation and organizational skills
- Excellent command in both written and verbal English
- Frequent travel is required.
5 day work and attractive salary package will be offered to the right candidates, interested parties please send detailed resume to The Human Resources Manager by email : firstname.lastname@example.org