MERCHANDISING MANAGER/SENIOR MERCHANDISER – ceramic tableware/sundries/household/wine glass/drinkware/trading
|Work exp||8 Years To 15 Years or above|
|Education||Diploma / Certificate|
|Location||Hong Kong, Shenzhen (深圳), China|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Benefits||5-day week, Alternate saturday, General holidays, Competitive pay, MPF, 13-month pay, Year-end bonus, Discretionary bonus, Guaranteed bonus, Medical plan, Performance bonus|
|Industry||Trading / Import & Export / Wholesale|
Merchandising / Purchasing > Merchandising - Furniture / Appliances
Merchandising / Purchasing > Purchasing / Procurement / Sourcing
Merchandising / Purchasing > Merchandising - Stationery / Sundries
Sourcing and trading of tableware for HK, China, Asia and European markets - main items are ceramic tableware, wine glasses, fine bone china, ceramics, and cutlery etc – is looking for a MERCHANDISING MANAGER – with details as follows :
- Tertiary education
- 10 to 15 years experience in sourcing & merchandising of consumer products, with focus in ceramic, tabletop and household items;
- Strong negotiating and analytical skills;
- Good communicator with all levels; capable of managing multi-projects;
- In-depth knowledge in manufacturing, quality assurance and sample development processes.
- Ability to lead and manage a small China Merchandising team
- Report to the General Manager
- Leading a Shenzhen Merchandising Team of 6-8 members
- Responsible for developing and managing a sourcing network of China factories which are capable of satisfying customers product requirement and development
- Locate, qualify and select appropriate China factories in ceramic, glass, tabletop accessories and household product in various kinds of materials;
- Develop and maintain a qualified sourcing factory directory.
- Maintain good relationship with all qualified factories and manage all the qualified factories to support all business needs.
- Report to Management on all important issues with qualified factories;
- Ensure timely and effective communication with other departments regarding new factories, new products trends from factories, new product development, delivery and replenishment.
- Work closely with Sales Team to understand clients’ product needs
- Assist Sales Team to deliver all good quality shipments on time and at the best cost possible;
- Keep abreast of industry trends, competitors’ product, testing requirements and manufacturing methods. Share this information among other departments as appropriate, and provide new product ideas and samples to Design, Sales and Marketing. At the same time, provide input to Design and Marketing on product selection, design and direction;
- In conjunction with QA, establish and monitor quality standards and testing procedures for sourced factories;
- Negotiate contracts when appropriate;
- Train and mentor merchandising team members
- Frequent trip to Shenzhen needed; with company car transportation provided daily from Hong Kong office to Shenzhen office
- Candidates with less or no managerial level experience but solid product experience will be considered for the post of SENIOR MERCHANDISER/ASST MERCHANDISING MANAGER
Please attach your CV with salary expected to :
To speed up our process, please do NOT send us download links.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used for recruitment purpose only.
Your privacy is guaranteed. We will never give out, lease, or sell your personal information.
JPC Recruiting Services was established in 1990.