Department of Occupational Therapy,
The Duchess of Kent Children’s Hospital at Sandy Bay,
Hong Kong West Cluster
Occupational Therapist I (Ref: OTI/HKWCA161002/I1641)
|Work exp||Minimum 5 Years|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Industry||Medical services / Pharmaceutical|
Medical Services > Specialist
Medical Services > Therapist
Medical Services > Others
|Salary (HKD)||$49,158 - $71,743|
Department of Occupational Therapy, The Duchess of Kent Children’s Hospital at Sandy Bay, Hong Kong West Cluster
HK$49,158 to HK$71,743 per month including Monthly Allowance.
I. Primary Function
To provide occupational therapy services to patients/clients, including assessment, treatment program planning and implementation, related documentation, and communication. To supervise Occupational Therapist IIs, Occupational Therapy Assistants, supporting staff, students and volunteers. Supervision includes orientation, development and evaluation of personnel and monitoring of quality provision of services. Client care responsibilities will vary depending on the volume of patients and personnel in the special areas to be supervised.
II.Key Result Areas / Job Description
1. Patient Care Process
Perform all patient care process as Occupational Therapist and handle complicated cases with specialized treatment.
2. Service Planning and Development
a) Assist in the selection and orientation of staff, students and volunteers.
b) Evaluate and monitor job performance of assigned staff.
c) Coordinate and facilitate in-service education and professional development of assigned staff.
d) Coordinate scheduling of work assignments.
e) Implement departmental policies and procedures, identify needs for changes, and assist in development and revision.
f) Assist in identification and development of department goals and objectives.
g) Develop and implement strategies to meet department goals and objectives under supervision of Senior Occupational Therapist.
h) Coordinate and assist in student fieldwork education and basic grade OT attachment in the special areas.
3. Quality and Risk Management
a) Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance activities (e.g. clinical audits, quality improvement initiatives) and risk management activities within assigned specialty areas.
b) Assist the Senior Occupational Therapist in ensuring department practice compliance with relevant laws, professional standards and Hospital Authority standards.
4. Knowledge and Skills
a) Demonstrate and monitor professional and ethical conducts in all job-related activities.
b) Communicate, establish rapport, form collaboration and partnership with peers and other disciplines to assure intra-professional and inter-professional teamwork and continuity of patients’ / clients’ care.
5. Training and Development
Participate in or organize training and development programs for OT and non-OT professional staff, assistants, supporting staff, volunteers and occupational therapy students.
- A Master Degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent.
- Be registered as an Occupational Therapist in Part I of the Register of the Occupational Therapists under the Supplementary Medical Professions Ordinance.
- Have a valid Practicing Certificate issued by the Occupational Therapists Board, Hong Kong.
- Practice as an Occupational Therapist for at least 5 years. Experience should cover at least 2 clinical areas, each with at least 6 months’ experience and have at least 3 years working in one of the two specified clinical areas.
Preferred Attributes / Exposure
- Experience in Orthopaedic rehabilitation especially in Total Joint Replacement.
- Fluency in written English and Chinese as well as spoken English and Cantonese.
- A post-basic academic or professional qualification.
- Good communication skill.
- Commitment to patient care.
- Interpersonal skills.