The Office & Fundraising Administrator is responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the office and fundraising administration of Viva in Hong Kong. It is a varied job with room for professional development and requires someone with excellent attention to detail. It is an exciting time for Viva in Hong Kong and there is much to do to raise awareness of our vision and mission and the work we are doing in Asia in particular. This post is essential within the small team and needs a friendly and highly organised person to help the team thrive.
The role engages with individuals, churches and community groups, keeping them informed of Viva’s work to encourage their support. It is an area of the role in which the post-holder can develop their skills. It also manages volunteers and takes responsibility for administrative and support-care systems
Office & Fundraising Administrator
We are inspiring lasting change in children’s lives through the power of collective action because we have a vision to see children safe, well and fulfilling their God-given potential. We believe that a network of churches and community organisations, locally focused and united in purpose, is the best possible vehicle for bringing lasting change for children. Through our 37 partner networks, which comprise 5,500 churches and community organisations, in 66 cities across 22 countries, we are reaching 1.4 million children. See more of our work at viva.org or blog.viva.org to read stories of lasting change in children’s lives.
Full time / Part-time: Full time fixed term contract for one year from 01 January or 01 February 2017
Reporting to: National Director
Direct reports: Volunteers as and when applicable
Salary: HK$18,500 per month (HK$220,000 per annum)
Location: Hong Kong
This role reports to Viva Hong Kong’s National Director and is responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the office and fundraising administration of Viva in Hong Kong. It is a varied job with room for professional development and requires someone with excellent attention to detail. It is an exciting time for Viva in Hong Kong and there is much to do to raise awareness of our vision and mission and the work we are doing in Asia in particular. This post is essential within the small team and needs a friendly and highly organised person to help the team thrive.
The role engages with individuals, churches and community groups, keeping them informed of Viva’s work to encourage their support. It is an area of the role in which the post-holder can develop their skills. It also manages volunteers and takes responsibility for administrative and support-care systems.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Financial management and controls: Be responsible for bills payment; bank cheques received; manage petty cash. Submit monthly reports to Oxford on financial transactions, and tax receipts
- Ensure that post is collected and responses sent
- Maintain the office and its supplies
- Be responsible for board meeting administration
- Ensure HK diary is shared and kept updated between all team members
- Compile team prayer requests to the Prayer Volunteer in Oxford weekly
- Volunteer recruitment and management to help with the management and mobilisation of Viva Hong Kong and the support of Asia Network Consultant
- Other office administration duties that may arise.
Fundraising Administrative Support
- Manage logistics of Viva events and fundraising initiatives, engage participating individuals to participate/fundraise (e.g. sponsored events, World Weekend of Prayer, Christmas Parties)
- Post social media updates
- Liaise with Communications Manager over Global News bulletins
- Ensure all information on the Dynamics database is kept up to date – staff will input in respect of their own meetings with the administrator ensuring compliance
- Oversee direct debits – sending to bank and contacting donors when they are due to expire
- Organise and execute mailings and reports to donor community using consistent procedures agreed with the UK-based mobilisation and support teams.
- Develop relationships that will give opportunity for speaker engagement in churches and involvement in Viva events such as prayer, Christmas parties etc.
- Write proactive emails with regard to campaigns, updates, gatherings etc., etc. – all of which would be to encourage organisational recognition and support
- With the National Director, participate in the continued development of the year plan, with particular focus on increasing Viva’s reach, conversion, acquisition and retention of individual donors, churches, groups and corporates within Hong Kong.
For someone with a desire to develop fundraising skills, there is opportunity for this role to manage the community fundraising segment and supporter-care strategy/system (from database to donor journey).
- To actively participate in the wider life of Viva (e.g. attending devotions, staff away days)
Personal Specification (E) Essential (D) Desirable
- Educated to degree level, preferably in business administration or international development (D)
Skills and Experience
- Significant experience in an administrative role with a similar level of responsibilities (E)
- High level of attention to detail, and an overall desire to maintain high standards in the quality of the organisation’s work (E)
- Exceptional organisational skills, with the ability to be flexible (E)
- Experience in managing relationships with external agencies and individuals (E)
- Significant empathy and social skills in order to support the National Director in relating to influential people and building effective networks (E)
- Able to communicate effectively face to face, on the telephone and in writing (E)
- Experience of working in different cultures (D)
- Able to develop and implement effective systems and operational plans (E)
- Able to work quickly and to tight deadlines (E)
- Able to manage, train and mentor volunteers (D)
- IT literate including use of Microsoft Office (E) advanced use of Microsoft Excel and CRM databases (D)
- A naturally warm and friendly disposition
- Close identification with and sympathy for the Christian aims and values of Viva (E)
- Self-motivated, pro-active, tenacious and flexible (E)
- Team player (E)
- A heart for ‘children at risk’ (D)
- Fluent in English and ideally in conversational Cantonese.