The applicant must possess
- a recognised degree in construction-related or legal disciplines;
- a minimum of 3 years of post-qualification working experience in the construction industry, experience in conducting safety training is preferred;
- knowledge and experiences in relation to law enforcement and/or legal-related processes will definitely be an advantage;
- a high level of integrity and good sense of responsibility;
- a pleasant team player with good communication and interpersonal skills;
- proficient in Microsoft application software (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Chinese Word Processing; and
- good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese, ability to communicate in Putonghua is preferred.
(Applicants who do not possess the required qualifications and / or experience may be considered for other positions within the organisation.)
Report to the Manager – Inspection, the incumbent is expected:
- to conduct briefings and trainings to industry stakeholders including but not limiting to professionals, contractors, subcontractors and workers, in relation to the stipulations of the Construction Workers Registration Ordinance Cap.583 (the Ordinance) and compliance to the Ordinance. Such trainings and briefings will be conducted on construction sites as well as CIC and Stakeholders' premises;
- to support enforcement and prosecution processes by writing reports and other case documents. To communicate with lawyers and prosecute cases at court where necessary;
- to prepare bilingual proposals, meeting minutes, work reports, training materials and other documents where necessary;
- to process applications for exemption to install card reading devices in accordance with the Ordinance;
- to provide technical support in research and assessment works;
- to handle enquiries and complaints;
- regular visits to construction sites in Hong Kong is required; and
- to carry out any other duties as assigned from time to time by the CIC.
The position is on a renewable fixed-term contract (subject to performance and operational needs) for a period of 2 years.
Please send an updated curriculum vitae, the results of English and Chinese Language obtained in public examinations, current and expected salary together with a covering letter stating one’s suitability for the job and quoting the job reference number (16 / O – INSP – 108W) to email@example.com or by mail to the address below on or before 26 October 2016. For further details on CIC please refer to website: http://www.cic.hk.
Manager - Human Resources
Construction Industry Council
15/F, Allied Kajima Building
138 Gloucester Road
Wanchai, Hong Kong