Taikang Asset Management Co., Ltd. (hereafter simplified as “Taikang AMC” or “the Company”) was set up in February 2006 with its predecessor as the asset management centre of Taikang Life Insurance Co., Ltd. Its registered capital reached RMB 1 billion.
Up to June 30, 2016, its net assets exceeded RMB 5.6 billion, and the assets under management exceeded RMB 900 billion. Besides the assets entrusted by the parent company Taikang Insurance Group Co., Ltd., the Company’s third party business exceeded RMB 430 billion, among which the enterprise annuity assets exceeded RMB 120 billion, ranking second among all enterprise annuity investment managers in China.
In November 2007, its wholly-owned subsidiary Taikang Asset Management (Hong Kong) Company Limited was established in Hong Kong. Taikang Asset (HK) has been licensed by the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission (“SFC”) for Type 4 (Advising on Securities) and Type 9 (Asset Management) regulated activity, and is looking for professionals who have good understanding of the asset management or financial services industry, and capability of coping effectively with the changing environment to join the rapidly growing team.
Job Title: Operation Officer
Department: Operation Department
Recruiting Number: 1
Job location: Hong Kong
- Reporting to the Director, Operation
- Handle daily middle and back office operations for in-house managed funds and client accounts, including fund valuation and trade settlements activities
- Deliver accurate and timely NAV reports
- Arrange for prompt settlement of trades and perform daily portfolio reconciliation
- Responsible for trade support including transaction bookings, corporate actions and cash reconciliation.
- Handle account opening documents and follow through on the process
- Liaise with Investment Managers, Fund Administrators, Custodians, Trustee, Prime Brokers and other counterparties to ensure all daily operation issues such as trade discrepancies and settlement issues are resolved promptly
- Maintain internal operational procedures and manuals and for all products in light of all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines
- Liaise with external auditor and tax advisors to coordinate annual audit and regulatory tax filing
- Participate in new products and system development projects
- Other ad hoc tasks and projects
- University degree in Accounting/Finance or related discipline
- 3-5 years of fund operation experience in asset management company (prior experience on China market will be a definite advantage)
- Knowledge of Tradar and Bloomberg AIMS highly preferred
- Attending to details, responsible, self-motivated, willing to learn, able to multi-task and work under pressure
- Proficient in MS Office especially in MS excel
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Chinese, good in spoken Mandarin is an advantage