KPMG is part of a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. KPMG International operates in 155 countries and has more than 174,000 people working in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity and describes itself as such.
Partner, Financial Management, Management Consulting, Shanghai based
KPMG China provides audit, tax and advisory services to a broad range of clients. KPMG’s commitment to quality is demonstrated in our disciplined delivery approach and use of cross-functional teams. As part of KPMG's Advisory function, the Management Consulting practice works with its clients on a broad range of business issues including Financial Management, Business Effectiveness, People and Change, Operational Strategy and Technology.
Financial Management is a key offering for KPMG and it is therefore an exciting opportunity to help further develop and grow our business within a young and energetic team. Our Financial Management team focus on assisting clients to execute their strategy and transform their Finance organisation. As part of this team, you will be working with a broad range of clients from the initial Finance Diagnosis and Strategy through to the implementation of:
Efficient Finance Operations
Effective Talent Management
Managing Through Organisational Change
Effective Business Intelligence
We are looking for Partner or Director level candidates to join our Shanghai office.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Runs large financial management transformation projects or multiple smaller projects and is accountable for quality of output
- Leads problem solving and shapes project / redirects team to address changing client needs
- Exemplary leader / role model who facilitates an effective project environment and coaches staff and client team members
- Runs practice development alongside engagement management
- Builds networks around the firm and develops leads from those relationships
- Identifies opportunities, leads development of a sales proposition and leads client delivery
- Manages senior client relationships and is seen as trusted advisor to key clients
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrates ability to build client relationships
- Desires to be involved in business development and with demonstrated entrepreneurial skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Drive and impact, coaching skills, team-player, financial acumen, attention to detail
- Personable and good at striking a rapport with a variety of personalities
- Good team leadership skills, particularly with regards at having the ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure
- Strong networking capability (internal and external)
- Able to quickly establish credibility with clients
- Excellent report writing skills (English and Mandarin)
- Experience in confidently presenting to senior management and to facilitate discussion in a workshop environment
- 'Self starters'
- Master or other advanced degree preferred
- Professionally qualified (either accounting, technology (ERP), project management, finance management qualifications)
- Able to operate fluently in English and Mandarin
Experience and Background
- Experience at a partner or director level role in consulting or, if from industry, with deep experience in financial management, project and change management, management accounting, budgeting and planning and familiar with related system solutions
- Demonstrated success in leading teams within multi-disciplinary and complex projects
- Demonstrated success in working with various business partners to deliver end-to-end solution and built up good network and working relationship with system vendors
- Ideally with a track record of sales from opportunity identification to closing a deal
- Experience working in difficult circumstances delivering substantive, measurable financial management projects in complex businesses
- Track record of being accountable for business unit performance, successful achievement of financial and operational goals
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2016 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.