VTech is the global leader in electronic learning products from infancy to preschool and the world’s largest manufacturer of cordless phones. It also provides highly sought-after contract manufacturing services. Founded in 1976, VTech’s mission is to design, manufacture and supply innovation...
VTech is the global leader in electronic learning products from infancy to preschool and the world’s largest manufacturer of cordless phones. It also provides highly sought-after contract manufacturing services. Founded in 1976, VTech’s mission is to design, manufacture and supply innovation and high quality products in a manner that minimizes any impacts on the environment, while creating sustainable value for its stakeholders and the community.
Product Designer (VTE205/S01)
||3 Years To 7 Years
||Diploma / Certificate
||Chinese - Cantonese, English
||13-month pay, 5-day week, Discretionary bonus, Flexible working hours, Medical plan
Design > Product / Industrial Design
The Product Designer will be responsible for coordinating prototypes, generating ideas and concepts for ITP & Baby line and providing sketches and renderings for Marketing teams to review.
1) Initial design participation
- Generate design concepts, sketches and renderings;
- Prepare control ID, legal text positioning documents;
2) Design execution
- Review and comment the Pro-e surface files in the production stage;
- Work directly with cross functional teams, like Mech. and Tooling team to solve the production problems;
- Directly review and comment on the color, deco and quality for the production samples;
- Provide 3D modeling and rendering for presentation or colors selection;
- Sources and built the plastic materials / finishing library in HK to support and expand the use of new materials;
- Monitor different product phases, including product function, sculpting, coloring and texturing;
3) Prototypes handling (Foam/LL/WL/Toys fair samples)
- Handled ITP projects modeling activities;
- Support and coordinate entire toys fair models.
- Diploma or above in product / industrial design or related disciplines.
- At least 3 years or above working experience in product design. Candidate with toys or education toys design experience is highly prefer;
- Strong sketching and 2D and 3D rendering skills;
- Familiar with design software, such as Adobe illustrator, Photoshop
- Proficient in pro E, Rhino and or solidworks;
- Creative and able to work independently;
- Good command of spoken and written English;
- Travel to China factory when necessary;
- Candidate with more experience will be considered as Senior Product Designer