VTech is the global leader in electronic learning products from infancy to preschool and the world’s largest manufacturer of cordless phones. It also provides highly sought-after contract manufacturing services. Founded in 1976, VTech’s mission is to design, manufacture and supply innovation and high quality products in a manner that minimizes any impacts on the environment, while creating sustainable value for its stakeholders and the community.
Product Designer (VTE205/S01)
|Work exp||3 Years To 7 Years|
|Education||Diploma / Certificate|
|Language||Chinese - Cantonese, English|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Benefits||13-month pay, 5-day week, Discretionary bonus, Flexible working hours, Medical plan|
Design > Product / Industrial Design
The Product Designer will be responsible for coordinating prototypes, generating ideas and concepts for ITP & Baby line and providing sketches and renderings for Marketing teams to review.
1) Initial design participation
- Generate design concepts, sketches and renderings;
- Prepare control ID, legal text positioning documents;
2) Design execution
- Review and comment the Pro-e surface files in the production stage;
- Work directly with cross functional teams, like Mech. and Tooling team to solve the production problems;
- Directly review and comment on the color, deco and quality for the production samples;
- Provide 3D modeling and rendering for presentation or colors selection;
- Sources and built the plastic materials / finishing library in HK to support and expand the use of new materials;
- Monitor different product phases, including product function, sculpting, coloring and texturing;
3) Prototypes handling (Foam/LL/WL/Toys fair samples)
- Handled ITP projects modeling activities;
- Support and coordinate entire toys fair models.
- Diploma or above in product / industrial design or related disciplines.
- At least 3 years or above working experience in product design. Candidate with toys or education toys design experience is highly prefer;
- Strong sketching and 2D and 3D rendering skills;
- Familiar with design software, such as Adobe illustrator, Photoshop
- Proficient in pro E, Rhino and or solidworks;
- Creative and able to work independently;
- Good command of spoken and written English;
- Travel to China factory when necessary;
- Candidate with more experience will be considered as Senior Product Designer